Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Setting up a non mounted pure water system

horatiocarter

Hi guys can anyone advise where I can get a cheap system to get pure water I think I’m below 100 in my area. I have no pure waters by me at present so am in need of a system to create the water. I am planning to use a trolley and pole to get started. I don’t know if I will need anything else.

Hi guys can anyone advise where I can get a cheap system to get pure water I think I’m below 100 in my area. I have no pure waters by me at present so am in need of a system to create the water. I am planning to use a trolley and pole to get started. I don’t know if I will need anything else.
Speak to Doug @doug atkinson he will sort you out 

Have a look back at your previous posts, I believe water purification has been touched on. 

Plus did you ever actually get a decent TDS meter as suggested back in Feb so you know what your actual water TDS is?

Looks like you gave up on the 700 lts tank in a transit and are now going for a trolley? I think you will need a bit more than a trolley and a pole! Have a search on here for the many new starters posts (search top right) as there is lots of great advice that will help you if you read it.

I hope that doesn't come across badly, it's just you have asked quite a few very basic questions a few months ago. Just trying to get you to do the research as running a business you need to be able to help yourself.

Have a look back at your previous posts, I believe water purification has been touched on. 

Plus did you ever actually get a decent TDS meter as suggested back in Feb so you know what your actual water TDS is?

Looks like you gave up on the 700 lts tank in a transit and are now going for a trolley? I think you will need a bit more than a trolley and a pole! Have a search on here for the many new starters posts (search top right) as there is lots of great advice that will help you if you read it.

I hope that doesn't come across badly, it's just you have asked quite a few very basic questions a few months ago. Just trying to get you to do the research as running a business you need to be able to help yourself.
I’m not very good at the research side of things for various reasons. I was looking at a grant but now that doesn’t seem possible so it will be a car with a trolley initially I think.

I did get the TDS yes I forgot to mention that.

Nothing wrong with a pole and trolley. 
More thought needs to go into where you park and where you place the trolley, but it’s quite doable. 
Doesn’t look as professional though. 

Not great out the back of a car, but it’s fine until your up and running. 

There’s nothing complicated about setting up a window cleaning business. 
getting customers is by far the hardest part, everything else is easy .

Just get stuck in and get going????

Sorry That had nothing to do with your original question ??

Speak to Doug????

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m not very good at the research side of things for various reasons. I was looking at a grant but now that doesn’t seem possible so it will be a car with a trolley initially I think.
You've been on here for 11 months you should have it sussed by now, a current non window cleaner for his own personal reasons is on here giving you advice as he has took the time to research, interact and learn from other member's maybe you should follow suit ?

If you are unable research respectively you won't be able to run a business.

The core basics IE kit needed isn't just a thrown together 2 part quick easy solution.

Many new starters join this forum daily, some sit and hide in the corner reading every typed word and make countless notes from the valued submitted posts & replies.

This is not the most of basic job in the world...

We are not all down on our luck and thought oh, let's be a window cleaner.

Can you handle a challenge, the weather, the time keeping and customer management? 

I say this with respect, homework pays off, if you are unable to research the forum & trade wether it be by learning difficulties or dyslexia get help and have someone guide you. 

A grant isn't free giveaway money, it's a proven tried and means tested evaluation of their business plan. Layout and structure. 

If you want to succeed you'll need to help yourself 

If you are unable research respectively you won't be able to run a business.

The core basics IE kit needed isn't just a thrown together 2 part quick easy solution.

Many new starters join this forum daily, some sit and hide in the corner reading every typed word and make countless notes from the valued submitted posts & replies.

This is not the most of basic job in the world...

We are not all down on our luck and thought oh, let's be a window cleaner.

Can you handle a challenge, the weather, the time keeping and customer management? 

I say this with respect, homework pays off, if you are unable to research the forum & trade wether it be by learning difficulties or dyslexia get help and have someone guide you. 

A grant isn't free giveaway money, it's a proven tried and means tested evaluation of their business plan. Layout and structure. 

If you want to succeed you'll need to help yourself 
Seems rather harsh...to be honest. I do not work best in writing due to my dyslexia I seem to have rubbed a few people up the wrong way on here which is unfortunate.

Seems rather harsh...to be honest. I do not work best in writing due to my dyslexia I seem to have rubbed a few people up the wrong way on here which is unfortunate.
Nothing harsh about facts mate. I'm dyslexic but I'm not stupid. We are all trying to give you valid guidance but it appears some time later you have still not progressed any further with your dream 

Back