Setting up a ro/di system

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Jam1981, Feb 9, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Jam1981

Jam1981 Newcomer

Hi

Right need some advice, going in on a budget to get started with WFP, Turning down way to much work that i can and will not do on a ladder.

This post is about RO/DI set up Help me please :)

1) How many pre filters should I use, from limited reading and photos I am thinking 2 x 20" housings/filters? or should I use 3, all so will 10" do the same job! 20" better ??? (so basic what size & how many pre filters?)

2) I will use a booster pump (4L 100psi) just a cheap one to start any one give me rough idea what i will produce realistic from a 300 GPD RO (per HR say) ?? (I am looking at filling 150/175 litre tank)

3) DI I have seen a 4.6 litre vessel, looking at the cost a cheaper option would be a 20" Housing with a DI cartridge, would this work or not (max system I am looking at is 600 GPD!)??

II hope this makes sense! & Today's TDS is 348

thank you

Advertisement
  2. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Hi & wlecome

Are you wanting to fit a ro/di in a van of static system at home

3. Jam1981

Jam1981 Newcomer

Yes it is going to be at home to start, not a van!

4. heyoh

heyoh Active Member

5. Jam1981

Jam1981 Newcomer

Thank you, Have all ready seen them and the 4.6 Litre vessel as mentioned in the first post, issu is £35 - £40 + £28 - £50 of resin , with the 20" Housubg it takes 2 litres of resin so not a huge replacement cost & cost just less then £40 ready to go !!

6. Jam1981

Jam1981 Newcomer

Is no one able to help a newbie?

My biggest question at th moment is shall I use 2 or 3 filters and should I use 10" or 20" ??

thank you

7. spruce

spruce Grand Master

http://www.vyair.com/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=370

This company is selling a complete 4040 r/o for less than £500. You may have to pay a little extra for a low pressure membrane. I have a water pressure of 50 psi at the moment (it was 40) and I produce around 2 litres of pure per minute and have no booster pump.
    You have a higher tds than I have so you will get a little less than that as you will want a slightly higher waste to pure ratio than I'm using.

8. heyoh

heyoh Active Member

Difference between 10" and 20" is how often you have to change the filter

9. Jam1981

Jam1981 Newcomer

My thoughts where this, and all so would the water have more contact time with the filters thus removing more of the rubbish before it hits the membrane!

10. heyoh

heyoh Active Member

spruce that's a great find, i honestly don't understand why vyar don't rebuild their website, i can't find anything on it

Advertisement