Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Cafe/restaurant window cleaning

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Vic

In need of some info about starting cleaning windows on cafe and restaurants, how does everyone charge, is it by the window? And do you clean them everyday or every other day?

As they would want them cleaned a few times a week it’s hard to price the job without charging too much [emoji53]

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

Just a note. Ive got two eateries.. ones a pain as it has the fan exstracter sitting high on the glass . Grease pours down if the water is allowed to get behind the outer caseing. Cutting in around this takes time. Allow this in your pricing if applicable. Going back to wipe grease legs running down the glass is no fun.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

dont get a big hard on about doing  retail it can be a pain in the bum hole we have dumped about 300 a week of this rubbish over the years ,

uk wide companys will do it for 3 quid even in the centre of london , if they want you there at set times traveling there and back could cost you a full stranded house price lost , in money and time , so if you doing it for 6 pounds yet you have to lost out on a 12 pound house job its costing you 6 pounds+ fuel to do it !

we  now go in high prices with retail jobs , i think we have around 20 left and they pay us well,  i dont want them and there always some trad rat willing to do them for pennys so if there willing to pay big at first then where there lol 

a few fellow windys i know had rounds for over 20 years on retail stuff and over the last three years there struggling and ive just offered to buy one out very cheap and these were the guys to beat !

many years ago top at there game making loads of cash yet failed to keep there eye on the ball , dolies , and uk wide company's have destroyed this type of work and there to late to build up good domestic rounds that are all close together because of the amount of new cleaners about 

The prices in the UK for retail work are very bad. When UK retailers come over here alot they expect the jobs to be done for buttons. Cost of living over here is higher so makes sense wages should be bit higher, it's all relative I suppose. Last  year a brand came over to one of the centres I am in and asked for a price for the store. I gave a very reasonable price of 15 quid for the job and she nearly had a heart attack, said their store in London gets the windows done for £4!! I laughed, said good luck getting those prices over here.... i'm doing that store til this day. £4 that is nuts for a store of that size so completely agree with what you are saying. The big nationals are a nightmare as well swallowing up blocks of work, killing prices.

Domestic work over here is no where near as big as it is in the U.K. I spoke to 3 different people just this morning asking for me the clean their homes, I get asked every week but I'm so knackered from the commercial work that I just can't do it. Domestic wfp is way ahead over in UK than it is here. It is rare you will ever seen any guys coming around using wfp on houses, it's the usual bucket, rag and ladder jobbie doing **** jobs. It may be something I will look at in the future to add to my work as the centres can be tedious at times.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back