Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

monday waxxnk holiday

Not a bad idea to get some commercial stuff out the way on monday now I think of it. But I'm enjoying the time off at the moment. I'll see how I feel tomorrow and if the weathers nice on the monday I might get out for a morning at most.

Does anyone think its worthwhile doing residential this coming week?

i have some due but i could do it the week after, would prefer to get it done this week to be fair

whatdya reckon? will people not want to see a windy this week?

i give them a rest till after new year, they wont be very happy especially the ones who tipped you. give there pockets a rest, they will be glad to see you after the new year

I don't think any domestics would be to pleased to see their windy. Smacks of money grabbing desperation. I will do some shops from 5 am til 10am Tuesday. And a few shops and a primary school on the wed. Back to normal on the 4 jan

Several of my customers have asked for cleans this coming week......mainly cause they were away for Christmas but want them doing for New Year.

Going to take Monday & Tuesday off, slam it on Wednesday and then half day commercials New Year's Eve.

I would be to embarrassed to pitch up at someones house before the fourth of jan. Have some pride.
Nothing to do with pride pal. If you're enbarrased stay home.

As for pride i have pride on my customers getting the service we promise so all those that het done the 4th Monday on the month will be. Otherwise they wont get done till 25th of Jan nd were last done 23rd Nov.

Plenty on here cry when the customer says 'skip this one' and now you want to make it sound as if your more righteous because you choose to take the time off?

90% of your customers will be working themselves next week so so why shouldnt you?

Its a personal choice thing @Markyboy 50 so dint belittle those that choose to work just cause you dont.

I don't think any domestics would be to pleased to see their windy. Smacks of money grabbing desperation. I will do some shops from 5 am til 10am Tuesday. And a few shops and a primary school on the wed. Back to normal on the 4 jan
Everyone else who works in the rat race will be working next week

I know 1 firm who were working today delivering to pharmacies and medical centrea as it is not a bank holiday until monday

Why any different for us

Personally i am avoiding work until the 4th as i have earned the time off but if i want to get a couple of jobs out the way i will

Also i have 1 job i am doing monday as it is only a 2 minute walk with my trolley and i am doing her a favour getting it done before her family come round

Mmmmm ok. Everyone to there own I guess. Just most people I know, friends not customers, r off til the fourth. Personally I wouldn't do domestics til the silly season is over

People who work in retail..logistics or warehousing mostly don't get that time off my mate is a manager at yeo valley in Somerset and he starts his 1st of 4 12 hr night shifts tonight

I wouldn't do it myself either mark, but then I have conditioned my customers to expect me on a 4-6 weekly basis, so I can have breaks when I want whether it's for other jobs, or family time. I don't want customers figuring out my schedule and telling me I'm behind, it's a hassle I don't need.

Sounds like a nice relaxed way to do it mate. I agree with you
Yep, the only constant being that I need to fill my days with work, and get paid. Only exception is for the two reasons I gave above. My cuties couldn't care less, and wouldn't dream to mark the calendar.

Back