Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

shelf life of resin

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Daftoldgit

Is it normal for resin to go off a bit by the time you get to the bottom of the bag, it doesn't seem to last as long as a fresh bag? I'm wondering if it's due to being stored wrong, sealed but in a kitchen cupboard? the alternatives would be an outdoor shed, spare bedroom, or airing cupboard...

Is it normal for resin to go off a bit by the time you get to the bottom of the bag, it doesn't seem to last as long as a fresh bag? I'm wondering if it's due to being stored wrong, sealed but in a kitchen cupboard? the alternatives would be an outdoor shed, spare bedroom, or airing cupboard...
I'm sure the bag will have the relevant storage and usage information on it or the manufacturer website

Many say they've had bags for years and it's fine

A bag that's been opened and stored if not sealed in an air tight container will degrade quicker in my opinion as humidity is moisture and resin will work like a desiccant dehumidifier drawing moisture from the air thus making it less effective within it's application

What kind or resin is it? I had the same experience with the last few bags of tulsion. They went bad REALLY quickly. I keep it stored in the original bag in an airtight container in a cupboard. So light or air shouldn't affect it

If it’s sealed in a bag and stored in a dry place then should be fine.

Many moons ago when I did window cleaning I had a bag degrade stored in my garage. During the time we had a week where it was very foggy.

What I found is CO2 levels are very high when it’s foggy and this reacted with the resin.

Often people think resin is not lasting long but when they check the ppm of their tap water it’s shot up.

Thanks for the replies- I didn't get notified for some reason. so maybe it's to do with the humidity in the kitchen, steam from the kettle or something, not quite a fog! but hardly the driest room in the house. In an airtight container, but obviously it keeps getting opened when I use it.

Latest Posts

Back