Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Summer has it's draw backs

WCF

Help Support WCF:

tench0771

0b527d7f2c4c0aa753b707874efb4f80.jpg
99c3a15ae73135909bf426e2d7f24224.jpg

I usly wfp these but the first pic i was brushing the glass then the poxy Windows opened in then the next job one of the top wondows was open in lol so thault sod it get the triple off and crack on

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

That's the good thing about traditional. Regardless of customers being in or not they still leave the windows open and I can get the job done.

I would have just left that window.

I had to skip 3 velux yesterday as they were all open but locked open and facing inwards.  I knock a couple of quid off the bill. I didn't want to be coming back to that house but also didn't think it fair to charge for them as it wasn't their fault either. 

Sod ladders lol

I did a first clean yesterday, and for the first time in a long time there was one window I couldn't reach above a flat roof extension.  She said oh you can climb up if you want. I don't want to though, not unless you want to pay me extra to mess about. She didn't want to pay extra and I didn't want to get the ladders off for one window so declined her business. 

We are window cleaners

If i need to get the ladders out to do 1 window then so be it i am being paid to clean their windows

Even 100% full of work i wouldn't work like that

We are window cleaners

If i need to get the ladders out to do 1 window then so be it i am being paid to clean their windows

Nope we are all individuals with our own perogative. You might be a "window cleaner" who will do whatever is required to do a job. I will only take on work that I want to do and that I feel is profitable. I wouldn't climb on any ones roof  anyway due to potential damage or injury risk but mainly taking the ladders off is reducing my profit and making hassle that i dont want. Whether we refuse to use ladders, climb roofs, not doing bad access jobs or terraced etc it's up to each of us as an individual to decide how we want to work.

I respect you opinion I just disagree. I'm sure you have refused certain jobs for different resons.

We are window cleaners

i agree with this - the only exception is if i felt it was too risky or there was potential to break something for eg. uneven climb/stretching too much or tiles that might crack.

Even if you don't want to do any ladder climbs (and who of us would out of choice) there will be the odd window here and there that simply cant be done how you'd like.

Ive got a nice little house i do every month £56 back and front and he's got glass sections on his flat roof - only way is to climb up there with the ladder. If i refused to do that then he'd most likely say there's no point doing the house as the horizontal glass on the extension gets minging!

Im not going to sacrifice an easy hours work because i don't want to climb a ladder and also give someone else the chance to have footholds in my rounds, bad for business

just my 2 cents.

and for the record - i love terraced houses - easiest houses ever and you can get a nice rhythm going with a good hourly rate :1f44d:

Last edited by a moderator:
i agree with this - the only exception is if i felt it was too risky or there was potential to break something for eg. uneven climb/stretching too much or tiles that might crack.

Even if you don't want to do any ladder climbs (and who of us would out of choice) there will be the odd window here and there that simply cant be done how you'd like.

Ive got a nice little house i do every month £56 back and front and he's got glass sections on his flat roof - only way is to climb up there with the ladder. If i refused to do that then he'd most likely say there's no point doing the house as the horizontal glass on the extension gets minging!

Im not going to sacrifice an easy hours work because i don't want to climb a ladder and also give someone else the chance to have footholds in my rounds, bad for business

just my 2 cents.

and for the record - i love terraced houses - easiest houses ever and you can get a nice rhythm going with a good hourly rate :1f44d:

Fair enough.

I hate terraced houses,  actually that's not true, I hate the narrow streets and the difficulty parking. And I hate having to move the van to do both sides. Or use the backpack still slow. Different if you have a row of them I'm talking just the odd one.

For £56 I'd be up there too! But the in question for me was a £10 houses that would have doubled the time taken to use a ladder.

Anyway it doesn't really matter we can all do as we please

Non of us have to accept any jobs that's the joy of being self employed and if you quote correctly there is still money to be made if you get ladders off van. I have a couple where I need a ladder against flat roof but quoted 3 and 5 quid higher to account for the extra time.

im old school and did triple ladders all the time much higher than the one in the pic walking on leges 4 storys high this was when i used to work for some one before wfp was about, alltho im mostly wfp these days due to the safty, i dont mind geting ladder off at all that job took 10 minits from start to finish and it was £10 no biggy realy 

I wouldn't have any problem with these windows, just make sure you put just enough water on so it won't run down, and have you cloth ready to catch what does comes down. 

Back