Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gardena Combisystem Gutter Cleaner

WCF

Help Support WCF:

How are you planning on getting the **** actually out of the gutters with that tool? Looks as though it wouldn't fit in most gutters and would most definately snag on the gutter clips too. Your better off with the pro gutter tools, pack of for tools will do the job your needing

Yeah. But the ProGutter tools can also snag and they are also quite useless if the eaves hang over the gutters leaving only a narrow gap. But unlike the Gardena toy, they require also a ladder.

They can snag but rarely, if the tiles are hanging over the gutters leaving a small gap then I'll use the smaller attachments to get into it, the Gardena tool looks much bigger and doubtful to fit, and again I can't see how you get the debris out of the gutters with it. Yes with the pro gutter tools a ladder is required but it looks like you would still need one for this Gardena tool too as you would need to physically remove the debris by hand after you've dragged it along, plus the fact you can't see what your doing unless you stick a camera on it too.

I can't see how you get the debris out of the gutters with it.
Crosswise or skewed strokes of brush rather than lengthwise ones? Turning the scraper side?

you can't see what your doing unless you stick a camera on it too.
But you have a feel and you see whether any and how much debris is falling down.

Well, I've just practically checked it, and it's not that bad. Of course, it has its limitations like any ther tool or method, but the adjustable angle really helps and the scraper really cuts into the debris, picks it up and turns it away, over the gutter edge. Obviously, you need either some Gardena pole or an adaptor that allows you to screw the whole thing on the type of thread you need. I personally use the ACME thread and Harris pole.

On this topic I am still a firm believer of you cant clear what you cant see. You have no idea how much debris you are leaving behind.

My only aversion to gutter vacs is they are bulky to set up and (if also using a cam) can take quite a bit of messing about. IMO. Sure they have their place where a ladder just can not safely be used.

I still state I can get the gutter cleared faster than any other method (where a ladder can be used safely) just by getting up the ladder with ProGutter tools.

I used a progutter for the 1st time last week, cleared 3 sides in about 15 mins, would have taken me ages if id done it all off a ladder and moving along to clear it

Exactly. You can clear what you see, can't see many customers being too happy with you dragging the gunk out for it to drop all over the place. Even if you are sweeping up which is adding to your time, your still going to be creating more of a work load for yourself.

Ladders, pro gutter, 4m pole, stand-off and away you go. Full 4 bed detached can be done easily within 30 minutes.

Gutter vacs are great when we have had 2 or 3 dry days in a row...they really come into their own......ladder up on corner check front and side ....vac it then back up to check you have it all.....then same again at back......sometimes I get it out just to waste a bit of time if all they have is a single grass sod growing out of gutter like the last one

Back