Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

should i add rough pricing guide to leaflets?

Gavin

Staff member
Admin
I know many have said before should i put prices on website x size house costs blah blah etc. Now i don't think this is a good idea because all houses are different BUT

What i was thinking was more like adding a little slip with one of my leaflets that reads something like this.

As we were unable to see the back of you house today we can not give you an accurate quote for the whole house, please see rough guide below to get an idea on what it may cost.

On average most of our domestic cleans cost between

£5 - £15 a month

Rough price guide

(Note that we may still need to adjust the final cost of a clean depending on many factors like access, how dirty your windows and frames are, type of window etc)

£1 per standard window

£1.50 for large windows

£2 per bay window and patio door

Oh they can, I have a few front onlys 3-4 windows and door I set min charge to 5 as no point driving there getting gear out for 2-3 quid.

Good point about them adding up for self but end of day if I drop leaflet only they wont even bother as what they really want to know is how much it will cost.

Definitely wouldnt put the price on.

Lots of my customers have big windows (8 ft across), which I would count as two windows - but it could be a real sticking point if they worked out their price, and you came in and said it was going to be £X more.

Dave

This is true, what about just keeping the average houses in the area cost between £x and £x to give a rough idea or is it just a pointless idea?

If you have your prices organised, there’s nothing wrong in giving potential customers an estimate for maintaining their windows.

Estimates can either go up or down, how many different prices or price bands do you have Gav?

Richard

Gav I did this when I first started and it was an absolute headache, I definitely wouldn't recommend it, What ever price you put on your flyer that is the price they will want it for, even if they do have 10 windows that are covered with criss crosses of lead strips. The minute you tell then there's will be a little dearer, they look at you like you are conning them.

I would just put a small spiel like "quote are absolutely free with no obligation to accept". Or "Quotes are absolutely free, just call XXXXX XXXXXX".

Gav, If that’s what you are going to be charging anyway - £5-15 - there’s no reason why you can’t put that on the flyer as an estimate as typical cost of your service.

Also mention work that requires more time or if the buildings have more windows it may cost a little bit more.

Richard

The £5 to £15 is actually a nice bracket to be sitting in as you can rack up lots of customers who are willing to pay these prices.

However, I wouldn't add the prices into leaflets as every house is different. So it would be 'miss-leading' to potential customers & may even annoy them if you turn around and give them a different price (higher than the ones you have put into your leaflets).

My personal oppinion anyways.

James.

Yes I decided against this in the end. Thanks for all the replies though.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

glad you did never put any prices on show,you could have leafleted another windy in the area and he will think mmmm ill under cut this lad??

you have a nice bracket same as mine realy so just stick with that and go by eye.

glad you did never put any prices on show,you could have leafleted another windy in the area and he will think mmmm ill under cut this lad??

you have a nice bracket same as mine realy so just stick with that and go by eye.
Yeah that's a good point. Never show your prices, keep it a mystery to your compe***ors. Makes life that little bit harder for them.

James.

Back