should i add rough pricing guide to leaflets?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by Gav, Aug 25, 2011.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Gav

Gav Grand Master
    Administrator

I know many have said before should i put prices on website x size house costs blah blah etc. Now i don't think this is a good idea because all houses are different BUT

What i was thinking was more like adding a little slip with one of my leaflets that reads something like this.

As we were unable to see the back of you house today we can not give you an accurate quote for the whole house, please see rough guide below to get an idea on what it may cost.
    On average most of our domestic cleans cost between
    £5 - £15 a month
    Rough price guide
    (Note that we may still need to adjust the final cost of a clean depending on many factors like access, how dirty your windows and frames are, type of window etc)
    £1 per standard window
    £1.50 for large windows
    £2 per bay window and patio door

Advertisement
  2. Ken

Ken Guest

At that pricing none of your customers can be £5.
    Unless they live in a shed.
    Include average prices for the area, but don't put pricing on, people will add up for themselves and be put off.

3. Gav

Gav Grand Master
    Administrator

Oh they can, I have a few front onlys 3-4 windows and door I set min charge to 5 as no point driving there getting gear out for 2-3 quid.

Good point about them adding up for self but end of day if I drop leaflet only they wont even bother as what they really want to know is how much it will cost.

4. I'd avoid it as each house is soo different, if you estimate and then change it even if you have written that you may yo will lose customers i've tried it all. When people get a flyer through the door the first thing they are thinking is do i need a window cleaner or i'm not happy with my current window cleaner, not about the price also its best doing the negotiating face to face so they can see your a pro and this allows you to sell your service

col

5. Ken

Ken Guest

Sell quality of work, not affordability.
    I recently designed a new leaflet, and in 95% I sell my company, our quality of work and services we provide, then in one large font at the bottom of the flyer I say we're "affordable".

6. Hinty

Hinty Well-Known Member

Definitely wouldnt put the price on.

Lots of my customers have big windows (8 ft across), which I would count as two windows - but it could be a real sticking point if they worked out their price, and you came in and said it was going to be £X more.

Dave

7. Gav

Gav Grand Master
    Administrator

This is true, what about just keeping the average houses in the area cost between £x and £x to give a rough idea or is it just a pointless idea?

8. Ken

Ken Guest

I said average prices for the area can help, don't go tweaking figures to make yourself look cheaper.
    I picked up a £12 house yesterday by knocking on the door and asking if she'd like a quote.
    She already had a window cleaner, who charged £8, but i sold my product first, said we were fully insured, had a decades experience yadda yadda and she bought my product.
    Look smart, act professional, smile.
    Then people won't mind spending more, when quality of work is better.
    From that experience take on board, that if your leaflet is attractive, looks professional and sells the product, not the prices, jobs do start coming in, and no, you won't get every potential customers, but the ones you get will be ones who you know look for quality over price, and as such become more reliable customers, as they won't be swayed by cheaper prices if you attracted them with quality....

9. Catherine

Catherine Guest

Yep definately sell the service first and all the benefits with it.

10. Richard

Richard Forum Addict

If you have your prices organised, there’s nothing wrong in giving potential customers an estimate for maintaining their windows.

Estimates can either go up or down, how many different prices or price bands do you have Gav?

Richard

Advertisement