Should I stretch myself to buy this round?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by jamiesmack, Oct 20, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. jamiesmack

jamiesmack Active Member

I started window cleaning properly about a month ago, and whilst I've been ticking along quietly its been a bit of a struggle picking up enough work, and with winter coming its been on my mind a little. Ive been canvassing flat out and sorting website etc, so I'm sure it will come.

Thing is, a windy in a neighboring town is retiring and has offered me his 200 customer round for 2 x the monthly price. Most of the work is a 25 minute drive from home, but is all pretty compact. The problem is, I'm a bit pushed for cash at the minute, having set everything up recently and cant really afford it. I could probably loan a bit of money from my old man for now but I dont know if its worth it.

Do you think its too good an opportunity to turn down or should I just wait for my own round to build?

Advertisement
  2. Extremecleansussex

Extremecleansussex Active Member

Two times the monthly price is a bargain. Offers like that don't come along very often; I'd find the money somehow and buy it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Green Pro Clean Ltd

As long as the value is there and not all £5 jobs then steal it mate.

4. simon

simon Guru

try n work out how much it pays per hour if its good i'd find the cash somehow as Extremecleansussex says x2 offers dont come along often

5. High-tower

High-tower Active Member

If it is well established, and well priced work, buy it! 2 cleans and its paid for.

6. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

X2 is unheard of
    If he can take you round a few random customers that you choose and show it's legit you'd be mad not to

7. TolishAPurd

Snap it up! Even if it is all low priced at least you will get lots of exposure, and when you add up the costs of advertising, canvassing etc, its a bargain. If you need to put the money up in 6 months so be it.

8. Diwrnach

Diwrnach Grand Master

Do it, as long as its decent customers etc and not like green said £5 a house.

You'll make the money back in no time, the return on investment is really quick.

9. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

Only downside is you can't write the cost off on expenses
    Taxman don't let you

10. Diwrnach

Diwrnach Grand Master

Really? why not?

Advertisement