Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Pump box - how much!!!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Smurf

I think this chap is having a laugh myself :D

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/The-Complete-Bespoke-wfp-Pump-Box-/181643276788

What do you think?:rolleyes:

Details taken from listing

This complete bespoke pump box is for the pro quality window cleaner/ valeter whose work equipment is as important as the quality job required!

UPDATED 30.12.14

Box is almost finished, last bits I'll fit are treated wooden batons to stabilise DI vessel & battery so it all sits snug

Additional photos added showing complete box, swivel fittings are on IN & OUT ports making it easier to connect hose from any angel

The on/off switch is fitted top left next to the outlet fitting, just connect up in the morning then use on/off switch, then disconnect at the end of the day

Charge battery after each day's work to ensure full power!

Everything is in a 600mm x 400 mm strong box

( FULL IN-DEPTH DESCRIPTION & PHOTOS TO FOLLOW )

Iv been in the trade over 20 years from ladder to pole, as in any area of work you get to know what's good & what's bad, what works & what doesn't!this bespoke box is full of just under 100 top quality items & components through to the last nut & bolt!

Shurflo pumps speak for themselves! Having worked with pump & controller I did find the controller more of an hindrance than a work tool

Like all window cleaners we know the stop/start problems that can occur do spoil the day! To avoid that I choose not to use controllers - too many stop/start days!

The shurflo pumps are built to last having its own shut off system, when you stop the flow - the pump stops!! Simple as that!

What did we do before controllers came out!, this is only my experience with these products that's why I choose to work without one, since then Iv had no more stop/start days! ( maybe it was a faulty controller? ) the pump I'm using at the moment is coming up 4 years old & still going strong!!, I'm not condemning controllers its my personal choice!

Back to the box -fittings are brass and steel & 3ply hose

All 12v connections are soldered together then covered with shrink wrap hose, makes a perfect connection & seal

The sole item that's not brand new is the DI vessel ( as new ) every other item is brand new bought & assembled by myself

I'm using the same DI vessel ( in the box ) myself and find it faultless & good quality!!

As is the "yuasa" gel leisure battery ( in the box )

The added bonus is the bespoke box is fitted with a 100psi shurflo 4lpm pump not a 5lpm pump, less pressure build up is good for the pump!

A full test & pressure test will be done to guarantee a leak free system is sold!

Approx weight 15KG - empty vessel

25KG - full vessel

Carriage, ebay & paypal fees will be approximately £150 (wow) Cost for equipment is £340 with empty DI vessel

( £370 with full DI vessel ( new/dry MB115 )

The 2 items that aren't supplied are battery charger & strainer

The battery charger ranges from approximately£15 to £60 ( personal choice )

I fit The inline strainer between water tank & "IN" port on the box againpersonal choice

A starting bid of £520 will cover all cost & delivery +£30 for full DI vessel

To buy this bespoke pump box over a working year (5) days the cost is under £2 a day

Any questions please ask

Genuine enquires/ bidders please

Ready to go jan15

Orders can be taken

View attachment 3556

View attachment 3557

View attachment 3558

View attachment 3559

View attachment 3560

Last edited by a moderator:
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
It's simple maths: he spent 13 hours building the box, could have earned £40/hr doing the windows instead... 13x40=520 :rofl::rofl::rofl:

So cutting threw the **** in the listing inside the box is as follows:

1 x used di tank with some resin in it.

1x shurflo 4 lpm pump (not the standard 5 lpm)

1x new cheap battery

bit of plumbing & 2 x swivel fittings on the side

bit of wiring with a chepo switch on the side

£520 for that...:eek:

You also have to buy your own battery charger & strainer as is not included in the cost.:rolleyes:

Sounds a bargain to me NOT for "This complete bespoke pump box is for the pro quality window cleaner/ valeter whose work equipment is as important as the quality job required!" Bless :laugh:

He's havin a Turkish. Ooh I need to change me resin. Hang on while I f@ck about trying to get the vessel out and smash the plastic box in doing so.

I dont know if they will actually get the money but thats the second one on ebay after the dad sold his sons car recently with a great description as to how the son had looked after it and that went for a fortune too...

one banana and trolley for sale as used by frank..../emoticons/biggrin.png

Back