Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Need a new pump box for trolley

slippy

The trolley itself is good but the box isn't. It's 300mm x 225 x 135 but too tight on trolley and a pain to take out of the trolley and water sometimes gets in. Anyone know a pump box slightly thinner ( less than 135mm high)?

20170109_215914.jpg

20170109_222725.jpg

Go on screwfix website and order one with smaller dimensions

Loads on there

Just drill holes and swap internals

Not many people sell them

Usually it is something people make

Occasionally someone is selling them on ebay but usually in big boxes

Not a bad trolley thoughWhere did you get that?
Yeah it's a nice size. It fits in the footwell of my car. It's a micro trolley by a Scottish fella who makes them in his garage. Great idea. I have had to do some repairs over the last two years though. The main issue I have is getting the box in and out as it's really jammed in there. I have to take the whole trolley into my flat to charge it or check the inside. That's why I want to keep the trolley but get a slightly smaller box and use wedges- so it's more quick release.

A new box will be under £15 from screwfix

Use a hole cutter (flat blade thingie) on a drill and you can put all the bits in a smaller box for a whole lot cheaper than buying one already done

The bits now are quite old and I am not sure on my competency to assemble a new box. Maybe get all the bits (new bits) in another box and assemble them in the smaller box. Know any cheap boxes being sold with the bits?

Or just get a back pack and put it onto this trolley? Are backpacks the same size as a small 25 litre barrel?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back