Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Dirty Windows

WCF

Help Support WCF:

garry

hi all my water is reading 0 but gettin a lot of complaints as there are spots/dirt marks on windows after ( not by me by my workers). can any1 shed any light on this? my water gets pumped from a tank to a tank in my van, gunna test its purity after it comes out of pole as im concerned its pickin up dirt while being pumped. my lads are experienced so dont understand why we are gettin the marks. if membranes or filters need changing then the purity would show this with a higher reading so ive cancelled that out. finally could not cleaning brush head be the victim as we have never done this. if so whats the best way to clean a brush head?

Its user error. If the water is less than 010ppm then They are not doing the job right not rinsing right.

try a different brush, or try on your own windows till you find whats wrong, remember not all windows can be done wfp. unless its all the windows you do, then its water or brush.

ive extended hose to 100m too a few month back and the water doesnt come out as powerful as it did when we used trolly ( same pump as we stripped trolley). think maybe they arent being rinsed as good bcos water aint coming out as quick, do i need a more powerful pump?

100M is a lot for a pump to push through. I hated running off a hose. I love my trolley!

What pump is it, do you have a controller?

100psi shurflo pump from pure freedom. in 1 van i have the trolley still made up with the end dipped into my tank and 50 m of hose, this works fine upto around 90psi but struggles slighty any higher but still works ( controller on trolley). however when i try and extend hose to 80m ish then it struggles on 90psi and works around 70psi so comes out slower the more hose i use. but its in my other van where i have stripped a trolley down and 100m of hose it comes out slower evan on 99psi. just seem to get a better blast of water using a trolley upto 50 rather than a stripped down one upto 100

Tbh i cant see it being pumps or hoses garry.

If ever i get a call back, its coz they wasnt rinsed long enough!

How do you connect the trolley up to use as a van mount, as sometimes depending on the connectors your pump may be drawing in a tiny bit of air and this will play funny buggers with your water pressure. (I've done it before using hoselocks and if was a nightmare)

100psi pump should be fine through 100m if hose, mate of mine uses a shurflo through 200 metres with no problems....

in 1 van the trolley is just stood on a platform and where the hose would dip into a barrel its dipped into my water tank in my van instead, it works fine upto 90psi with 50m hose on, but the same trolley usind 25 litre barrels with 25 m hose works perfect on 99psi. its as if it gets weaker the more hose i add.

in my 2nd n 3rd vans the pumps are loose and connected to tanks outlet tap via garden hose, then again garden hose to my hose reel giving around 100m altogether but its weaker than the 1st van whats only got 50m. all the pumps i use are the same

so a dirty brush head is not the cause? should these be cleaned regular?
No, I've used a brush that's picked up bits in it and windows still come up fine, it's all down to the rinsing. If the brushes get dirty then I clean them each night, but if they don't then once a week.

Been wfp for 4 years in total and not found a window yet that dose not, like wfp.

The main reason reason for spotting is down to the user not rinsing properly.

yes been watching a few on you tube, am not worried about slower water now they can still rinse with it if its done right. i think they just rinse the top half of window and dont rinse all way down

Few ways really,

If mine has got really bad on a first clean I wash in with customers outside tap, then washed in pure,

Soak it in a bucket with pure water over night

some use a dog flea comb and comb out bits

ive found as its be dry last couple of weeks theres been alot of dry dust blow about by the wind.

windows have been really dirty this month.

windows have been so dusty, taken longer , I don't know whats wrong with the scrims they seem to be leaving scummy marks when detailing, mind this is only seen when the sun shines on them, they never used to be like this, im glad I wfp the tops,

hi garry,yes i've had some spotting issues over the last two days,my ppm is 001 from the tank although its ran through a di and tested at 000ppm at hose tail,these windows have been wfp for six years and i have not changed anything in that time(apart from a recently fitted brush from damo /emoticons/biggrin.png/emoticons/biggrin.png -could be your fault matey /emoticons/ph34r.png )spot on by the way-thanks,i'm probably clutching at straws here but it COULD be the salt/gritting recently getting airbourne and going on the windows ,we are noticing more on built up areas than the stand alone homes in the middle of no-where these don't have a problem.

never had this before as everything my end checks out fine,the way we clean hasn't altered in six years and no complaints in all that time just the last couple of days there is this spotting issue.i'm in w yorks don't know where you are

Back