Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Window Wars Usa

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Gmeister

Anyone watched this?

Interesting to find that in the USA people have there windows cleaned once or even twice a year! although commercial buildings are done regularly....

How do window cleaners make a living from this?

How do they pick up work??

If we picked up work like that(once yearly) sure they the owners could forget and go with someone else next year so how does this work in usa??

I think, they do a total deep clean of frames, glass doors etc inside and out and charge $400 a pop. I read about it online and thought I much prefer our method.

Similar as it works deep cleaning exterior of homes in the UK every 12 months or so which is mostly what I do. So yes you can do well at it and get plenty of recommendations and repeat business too if your good at your job like I happen to be :Image13:

Anyone watched this?

Interesting to find that in the USA people have there windows cleaned once or even twice a year! although commercial buildings are done regularly....

How do window cleaners make a living from this?

How do they pick up work??

If we picked up work like that(once yearly) sure they the owners could forget and go with someone else next year so how does this work in usa??

I wonder what seperated our culture of monthly cleans from theres yearly.

Have people tried to do monthly cleans over there?

Sounds pretty good to me, pick up 104 jobs up in your book that would be 2 cleans a week, $400 each = $800 a week not bad for cleaning 2 jobs lol

Its not usually as much as $400 its often a lot less and like everything in USA its very competitive. Every customer will be bombarded with companies offering to do them. Window Wars is about right

Most of their windows traditionally had insect screens over them in the summer, same as in Australia, so they have to be dismantled. Also, in the parts where they have cold winters they have secondary double glazing on the inside and sometimes on the outside as well. Its a much bigger job, you are expected to completely dismantle everything do a full clean and put it all back.

Also, you have to remember some of their spiders bite!

Like over here many have regular loyal customers too so most would use the same company year after year as they are tusted to do a good job regardless how many others try to undercut them.

Works for me :Image9:

Latest Posts

Back