Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Ppm 142

slipknot

Hey guys so I've now moved house but.my ppm is now 142 compared to my last flat of 42ppm

So would an ro system of 75gpd connected to my outside tap would that be enough then Polish it off with my Di resin

Always depends on how much water a day you are going to use, what storage facility you have at your disposal for your water and how quickly you need to make it.

For me a 75gpd r/o is a waste of time for window cleaning. It will produce 75 gallons of pure water every day of 24 hours under ideal test conditions which will include water temperature and water pressure. They are US gallons, not imperial; so one gallon is 4 liters.

In every day use, especially in winter when the tap water is colder, we might manage a 1/3rd of that if we are fortunate.

First setup I had was a trailer with 3 x 125 tanks on board. The r/o was a 275gpd unit. I processed water into my trailer overnight with the r/o at the back tap. Sometimes the trailer was full of water and overflowing next morning, sometimes it was only 3/4 full.

Had I used an IBC tank I could have managed with the water it produced as it would have been left processing water whilst I was out working.

I later did this and then upgraded the r/o to a 450gpd with a change of membranes. With planning 2 of us could manage with the water the 450gpd produced but the r/o was working virtually 24/7.

Last edited by a moderator:
My ppm is 280 and I just use a twin di I don't use much pure so it suits me to be able to produce pure instantly on demand I know it's more expensive but it's so much more convenient

i have a 300gpd, water goes in @ 148, comes out at 002, straight into tank storage.

i have found its taking longer to produce at the moment. must be weather

Back