shurflo pump problem.....please help!!!

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by easyclean7585, Nov 6, 2011.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. hi, my shurflo pump has stopped working for some reason. I have a digital varistream controller, at normal operating rates i would have it on 1. sometimes 2 if things were really grubby but usuallly 1 was more than adequate. i fired it up last week and long story short ended up running it on 0. Before 0 would barely punch water out and yet now its flying out like the equivalent of 3 or 4. Then it started shutting itself off because the rate was too fast. After priming it every two mins i managed a day running it on 0...although i did give up by about 12. The next day was the same for the first two houses then it just wouldnt run. It turns on and runs for about half a second and the light flashes from green to red, its beghaving like there is a restriction. I took it apart today and cleaned the strainer etc and replaced a few wires etc. I also checked the diapragm and it seemed ok. Even in my kitchen with no water supply it keeps shutting off like theres a restriction. I really dont know what to do. I would appreciate any help you guys could offer...seriously...i will try anything. I would prefer not to have to buy as new one just yet. Thanks, mike

Advertisement
  2. Gav

Gav Grand Master
    Administrator

moving to window cleaning section.

3. Hinty

Hinty Well-Known Member

Don't think its the pump. Looks like your controller may be fried.
    Dave

4. Been having the same kinda problems i found that if i make sure there is no pressure in my hoses when i trun the pump off, i get no problems when i turn it on. How do you prime your pump?

Advertisement