Sick Of Doing First Cleans

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by harunh, May 1, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. harunh

harunh Legend

had 30-40 first cleans this week... and im only managing to clean like 8-10 houses a day

some houses are taking me over 1 hour to clean all windows are proper dirty especially the frames and sills... i got 8 more to do tomorrow then i got a days work on top of that to do ... so ill be out from 8-7

a house with a conservatory that i charge 12 quid for toke me 2 hours to clean.... :|

Advertisement
  2. Gushysfella

Gushysfella Active Member

H, is window cleaning your hobby or do you actually make a living at it? £12 for two hours work, how did you get that so wrong when pricing? ( not being nasty, serious question) GF

3. All Round Cleaning

All Round Cleaning Grand Master

Stop bloody moaning lol .

But I know what your saying I have 15 first cleans to do this week too ive not even been canvassing either
    All through word of mouth recommendations and facebook .

I love it I do !!!

4. Gmeister

Gmeister Grand Master

12 quid for that house probably was a good price, but first cleans are bound to take a lot longer.

5. All Round Cleaning

All Round Cleaning Grand Master

I thought this too .
    I did a one off clean today for an asian chap in a 3 bed semi with twin bays charged him £25 done in 45 mins and he was well chuffed .

H if I was you I would try doing 1st clean with some ecover in a trad bucket dip ya brush in and give a scrub leave for 5 mins then wash it off I have found this method works great .

6. james44

james44 Well-Known Member

Squirt some ecover onto your brush, spray window with pure water then scrub dirt away rinse with pure water as normal this will speed up first cleans!

7. james44

james44 Well-Known Member

Beat me to it lol!

8. OoO

OoO Guest

Lets just hope they are regular and don't cancel.

9. mr shine

mr shine Guru

if i was having that problem id go stronger than ecover ,either virosol ubix and if there really bad id use g101 ,you got to up your game h if you wanna save time

10. harunh

harunh Legend

a hosue with conservatory normally takes me 30 minutes so 12 pound for 30 mins work is good to me :)

i cleaned a 5 pound house which toke me 40 mins ! shud of seen how dirty it was :|

thats how bad these first cleans are lol

once am on my 3rd clean with them ill be crusing :)

and i always use e cover and cif

i been using the e cover and cif past few days a lot... i use them on conservatories and i just get done much quicker :)

I find cif is more tough then ecover but cif is a bit thick so when using cif make sure u scrub n rinse well

but cif is the best for me :) beats ecover anyday

Advertisement