Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Sun on Windows

WCF

Help Support WCF:

K

Keithlons

It was one of those mornings, the sun was shining on the windows and I found it very difficult to clean. I was using a pole with 10 inch liquidator. The odds were stacked against high winds hot sun windows drying very fast. In the end I gave up, having tried plenty of water. Anybody experience and can give advice? Knocked my confidence a bit as been doing so well using the pole instead of ladders.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

That brings back memories of using app n blade on a sunny day! Forgot how annoying it was. Only thing you can do is do as little as possible at a time. If it's big panes that have to be done in one go, you could try using a bigger squeegee on the pole to make it faster?

Start as early as possible and try and keep ahead of the sun. I have a house that has a wall of glass (5xpanes @ 2mx3m) at 2 stories. They face the rising sun so I always ensure they're done before 8.00 in the winter and 7am in the summer (owner understands the problem). If it's big glass change up to the 14" and keep the Fliq wet to the point of dripping.

I did these doors yesterday and today the sun was blaring in and was lots of lines I only just starting out and 14 inch moerman is what I used what technique would u use for these doors as the width is fair bit larger than 28 inches.

IMG_6192.JPG

I did these doors yesterday and today the sun was blaring in and was lots of lines I only just starting out and 14 inch moerman is what I used what technique would u use for these doors as the width is fair bit larger than 28 inches.

View attachment 9911
2 handed tradding. Soaking applicator in 1 hand, squeegee in other. Keep applicator just under squeegee and move both together. Glass os still soaking when you get there, and any excess is absorbed by applicator as it drips

Soap the top and sides only with applicator then blade off then soap the middle and fan that

Gives the soap less time to dry on and you know the edges are perfect

Back