Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

£1385 for van mount system good deal or not?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

paul1

HI guys

been quoted £1385 for a 500ltr van mount system with one pump - shurflow, flowmaster controller, outside van port, reel and hose, strainer kit, battery etc etc, also removable for family hols etc, is this a good deal or not can I get cheaper???

im no good at diy no clue at all?

any tips /advice other companies to try? I wanted to spend £950 max :sweating:

HI guys
been quoted £1385 for a 500ltr van mount system with one pump - shurflow, flowmaster controller, outside van port, reel and hose, strainer kit, battery etc etc, also removable for family hols etc, is this a good deal or not can I get cheaper???

Agree with green

There's not much to it

Even if you buy parts yourself and get local mechanic to do it that would save hundreds

Also a two man system could mean a reel plus trolley ( what we use)

HI guys

Who's given you the quote?

Lego is more involved than installing a Van mount. How do you plan to produce pure water?
cheers for email mate

I have 950gpd ro di system for my water at home already, im that bad at diy though mate lol seriously

u cudnt be any worse than me paul

all u need is screwdrivers spanner set vice grips hammer very simple

get mecanic to bolt tank in and perhaps drill few holes in floor for hose to feed thru for waster water and tap water

u cudnt be any worse than me paul

all u need is screwdrivers spanner set vice grips hammer very simple

get mecanic to bolt tank in and perhaps drill few holes in floor for hose to feed thru for waster water and tap water
cheers mate

bit im not really sure on is how the pump,battery,flow controller all fir together and where? and what kit would I need exactly to buy for then a mechanic to do it and how much would this save me about? cheers

So you are already set for Pure Water, you do not filtration in the van just pump, flow controller, water tank?

You mentioned that you will be able to remove the tank for family trips? So are you planning not to bolt the tank to the chassis?

and just to confirm you already have your pure water system and storage at the house so you're just going to run it via a transfer pump to the tank in the van?

I didn't have any patience/confidence with DIY and to be honest I really didn't want the hassle. It was nice to get a professionally built system installed properly and fully working from day 1.

I got my system from Pure2o, which is like the value section of Ionic.

I've always been really happy with it, it is really good quality, system has worked perfectly never let me down. (it is a 400 litre RO-DI in a VW Caddy van). For all the chat on here, the people I know who did a DIY job are forever fixing things and messing on with little running repairs, I would hate that TBH.

Mine cost about £2,700 if I remember, but they do a price promise thing too, so send your pure freedom quote they'll probably at least match it and maybe beat it.

Here's a list from Cleaning Warehouse Wolverhampton

500L Tank - http://www.thecleaningwarehouse.co.uk/flat-baffled-tanks-1876-p.asp £223.33

100 meter hose and reel http://www.thecleaningwarehouse.co.uk/complete-8mm-mini-hose-100m--metal-reel-inc-fittings-1608-p.asp £125

Pump, controller, strainer etc http://www.thecleaningwarehouse.co.uk/complete-8mm-mini-hose-100m--metal-reel-inc-fittings-1608-p.asp £141.09

Maybe £100 for miscellaneous parts

Total - £589.42 leaving plenty of change for a nice 25ft SLX from Gardiners.

For all the chat on here, the people I know who did a DIY job are forever fixing things and messing on with little running repairs, I would hate that TBH.
You are not wrong there Pete, it is usually people trying to save £5 on the purchase price instead and finding that they should have paid the extra £5 and got the quality part from the beginning and not spent £50 on parts down the road putting band aids on it.

(if that makes sense)

My current set up is the 3rd I have built and learnt the hard way originally starting with £300 system that was forever a mess. Now I have a couple of grand invested in my current system and it runs sweet.

You do get what you pay for.

paul its not rocket science mate everyone on here is helpful if u get stuck i give u my num and call and most would do same on here

plus build yourself and when problems arise u no how to sort it out

I bought my system from pure freedom and it was the DIY version. A business literally arrives on a pallet and they have really clear instructions on how to put it all together. I can't remember exactly how much I paid but I reckon it was close to £1300. That was for everything including a pole.

Back