Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Potentially hit the jackpot

Clisty1989

Went out for a canvas of a new build luxury estate near me yesterday, only 2 people answered and said that whilst they were finishing the estate the contractors were sorting one out, but its been a few months since they said that. Saw someone in the sales office, so thought I'd try my luck. Find out tomorrow if I got it but its 1 £45 and 8 £25-30 houses done weekly until end of January, plus another 5 nearing completion. after that its the homeowners responsibility, but I'm hoping if I get it they'll keep me on. I'm getting a phone call tomorrow morning to find out if I got it, if so its the biggest jobs I've ever got!

Something similar happened to me a few years back. New estate, still being built three years in. When I canvassed at the request of the sister of one my existing customers on an estate about a mile away, there had been three window cleaners, all appeared to be messing around and not taking it seriously. The last one hadn't been seen in months. I picked up the whole estate in about two days of canvassing. I got a real buzz out of that. It was interesting work, some of it quite tricky with ladders. Wfp would have made it a whole lot safer.

I cleaned that estate for about 15 years before selling it on to a friend when another window cleaner even nearer to me packed it in and I took on most of his work.

Best wishes fella

Back