Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Pricing help

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Chelmsford Cleaning - Sam

Hi lads, just had this sent through.

Popped down to have a look but it's still being built. So drawing is best bet for now, they're after a price for monthly window cleaning. It's about 20mins away from me in Essex.

Not really sure on pricing as i do 99% domestic.

What do you guys think?

All the blue windows are glass.

Uncoloured ones aren't glazed, just grilles into garage area.

Juliet balconies are the metal bar type rather than glass panels. (What do you guys do with the glass ones btw? How do you get in behind them?)

Thanks

9b590191293d487f57f65f96fc1fe2e9.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
To get behind the balconies go inside and open the doors. Only way to really get in behind them.

That is a ball ache of a job mate. I would spend 3 hours on the front taking my time, an hour down Subway for lunch then 3 hours on the back - £400 per clean MINIMUM --- And as it is a ball ache to get involved I would want a 12 month contract minimum.

Thanks Green. I was thinking along the same lines. Never going to be able to do the ones behind the balconies as the chances of people being home is just too slim. I'll have to make sure they are aware of that. My gut says to walk away but £400 a month isnt to be sniffed at.

Round this way there are loads of flats with non opening windows with glass panels in front. They do my nut in, i cant find any way to clean them.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Depending on the type of railings you can get the brush between them , but that number of them would be a right pain , we do an apartment block that's 5 storey and it has them on the end walls they are doable but takes time as green has said alow a day price accordingly and hopefully you will have an early finish

I explain at the time of quoting -

I cant get my gear behind there, the best I can do is rinse the bottom half, the top will be 100% but the bottom will only be 95% at best.

They are always fine with that as you have told them.

Also if you are asked to do the builders clean I would be pricing that at around £2000.

Carefull at the monthly talk, almost definitely they will be quarterly so make it clear your price is for monthly. Who ever it is will not have the budget for monthly (I might be wrong but I do quite a few blocks from 10 apartments up to 850 apartments and their all quarterly)

Last edited by a moderator:
I do lots of work like this the frequency ranges from monthly,bi monthly and some quarterly(not a lot).

Be careful they are not using you for a cheap builders clean a job like this will be run by a managment company if they haven't even finished the build yet it is highly unlikely they have selected a managment firm.

Access around the building could be a problem ,if they are still building it chances are they have low level walls/railings flower beds/gardens to go in which will slow you down.

Parking can also be a problem you will struggle to get some vans in underground car parks this looks like it has one then you still have to run the hose to where you need to be.

I vary rarely price them until they are finished you don't know what the final state the glass will be left in and access issues.

Some managment companies get window cleaners and other trades to price work they don't even have chances are they are tendering for it themselves.In the past I have spent hours putting a quote together that I was never going to get.

But as they say you have to be in it to win it put your price in and hope for the best just don't go in to cheap you will end up hatin it and if you have never pole'd at height be prepared cleaning at 50-60ft is a lot different to cleaning houses at 18-22ft.

Also if it is a big job run by a big managment company your health and safety will have to be bang on.

Some of the companies I do work for I had to apply and be approved to get on there approved contractor list to be allowed to carry out work for them.

Good luck

I vary rarely price them until they are finished you don't know what the final state the glass will be left in and access issues.Some managment companies get window cleaners and other trades to price work they don't even have chances are they are tendering for it themselves.In the past I have spent hours putting a quote together that I was never going to get.

But as they say you have to be in it to win it put your price in and hope for the best just don't go in to cheap you will end up hatin it and if you have never pole'd at height be prepared cleaning at 50-60ft is a lot different to cleaning houses at 18-22ft.

Also if it is a big job run by a big managment company your health and safety will have to be bang on.

Some of the companies I do work for I had to apply and be approved to get on there approved contractor list to be allowed to carry out work for them.

Good luck
Thanks again. I'll allow some extra paperwork time on my quote. I probably won't hear back but if i do it will be nice. Highest I've worked is 35foot so this will be quite a bit different.

Will actually need to get some extensions for my pole. Definitely only interested if there's a minimum term of 12 months.

Thanks for all your help lads. I've sent the price in, with a note that it's subject to a site visit once it's finished so no nasty builders clean surprises.

I used some software to help me quote this, to see what poles i would use where etc. It's really good, you can get a free trial on their website anyscale.co so it didnt cost me anything to try it out.

Heres a little screen shot to show what i mean.

quickscale.png

Back