Sill Brush Head Or Normal

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Squeak and Bubbles, Dec 23, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Squeak and Bubbles

Wfp guys (don't think there is any gals on here)

How many of you use the sill brush head constantly (cleaning domestic only) or do you use a normal brush head?

Advertisement
  2. chip

chip Guru

For the last year used just a sill. Now got tecbuk which isn't a sill, but bristles go wider than stock and is as effective. Still don't need to alter angle for most over connys either! :)

3. daley

daley Banned

gardener sill for me

4. Window Cleaning Rayleigh

Window Cleaning Rayleigh Well-Known Member

i use a gardiner dual trim medium for domestic, just use a sill for conservatories and fascia jobs etc. would highly recommend the gardiner brush

5. Richard

Richard Forum Addict

You shouldn’t need a sill brush for any of your regular work; maintaining windows can be cleaned quickly. Cleaning the glass takes longer than cleaning a sill, so you want to prioritise the brush for the glass.

If you service your customers every 4 weeks, the windows are not going to be that dirty, as for cleaning the window sill as long as the brush stock has a narrow width and with the brush angled correctly to clean the glass you should be able to place the brush bristles on the sill and slide it along without the narrow stock getting in the way. I am talking about Tecbuk brushes with a stock of 40mm with and a 100mm wide bristles splay

Cleaning the sills on my domestic work, I slide the brush along 1-2 times, literally takes a second, and then go to the next window frame. If you have to take longer than this to clean the sill’s, what are you doing that makes it take so long to clean the sill?

Richard

6. Squeak and Bubbles

That's what I do. When I first started up I used a sill brush, but didn't like it. As long as the brush head is angled correctly you can wash both glass and frame, just like you have said!

7. bluemonkey

bluemonkey Guru

gardiner brush i have used

black dual trim cill
    white dual trim cill
    red flat trim cill
    white flat trim cill
    black flat trim cill

never really got on with any one of them,

alwasy end up back at dual trim normal brush, as i dont think there is enough bristles in the cills to give a very good clean, compared to dual trim normal

8. OoO

OoO Guest

I personally use the extreme brushes.

I am always checking up on sills. As i did have a few complaints last year.

I just spend a bit longer on the sill. But I certainly do not adjust angles for the sill
    Or scrub for ages :)

9. bluemonkey

bluemonkey Guru

how to do you find the extreme cleaning compared to the normal trim

10. OoO

OoO Guest

It can struggle with bird poo a bit and sometimes snail trails. But other than that fantastic.

We just got some in with the new red wide fan jets. AMAZING!!!

They are 100% a rinse on the glass brush. The weight is amazing. Not too light

Advertisement