Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Steamed Up Windows?

TobySampson

I clean a lot of old houses with single pane windows and often clean the inside and find that they're all steamed up!! So I try and clean them in the same way but it never seems to do as good a job as outside.

How are people dealing with this?

Just work as normal, when they turn off there heating and the steam dissipates it will come up fine. Its quite a common thing with single pained glass, especially at this time of year.

Yeah totally agree with ladder, i get the same when i do single glazed houses, after the condensation evaporates they still come up clean bud

Do you clean windows the same (applicator and squeegee) when there are loads of small windows? For example this is the houseI cleaned yesterday. (Sorry for the quality it's just off google) http://www.philsbook.com/manor_files/shipton%204.jpg
thats a nice big un bud, ive got a couple like that, nice ones to have. The answer to your question is yes, clean them with smallest applicator and small squeegy just as u would a normal house and then just edge up same as normal and your away, hope this helps fella

I wouldn't worry about it. If need be explain to the customer. Happens to me especially when its really cold out side and hot inside.

I have heard and seen some customers leave a potato on the sill to stop condensation.don't know if it actually works though.

Latest Posts

Back