Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by Hinty, Mar 19, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Hinty

Hinty Well-Known Member

Had a mad thought -

When you go on loads of sites there is a box that pops up to ask if help is needed etc..

Would it be possible / worth while having a box in the VIP section that people could use to have a skype conversation with perhaps mods, or anyone that may be able to help.

I could see that a newcomer to WFP may benefit from this, as could answer many questions in one go.

Limit the number of times it could be used, and possibly redirect to skype to save bandwidth.

Mad idea - the more I type the more I think it may not be feasable - but just put it out there.

Advertisement
  2. James

James Guru

That's a fantastic idea. I'd have no idea how we would man Skype on a daily basis though? Unless we said we would do it for 1-2 hours a day or something like that

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?wvr00t

3. Hinty

Hinty Well-Known Member

You could have experienced forum members register that they are happy to contribute, and then when any of these log on - there could be a random selection of who takes the call???

4. Paul

Paul Guest

I think it would be a great idea, but I think it would be a logistical ***htmare making sure it was manned, Maby have a list of forum seniors so you can see whos online where you can ask those people directly ??

5. James

James Guru

Yes that would be a good idea, maybe link it to potential VIP's / forum Mods who are happy to deal with it?

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?yizaqb

6. Hinty

Hinty Well-Known Member

If it was made available through the VIP section then it may generate a bit of revenue - but have a feedback section on the main forum so that potential new vip members would see the effectiveness.

Like your idea paul - looks more manageable

7. Paul

Paul Guest

Yes deffo VIP only with a feedback section in the main forum Good idea

8. Gav

Gav Grand Master
    Administrator

Its a great idea but as paul said would be a ***htmare to keep maned etc also i don't think this would be a simple task working this into the site.

9. James

James Guru

Was a very good idea though Dave, it might be workable in the future.

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?fjli5o

10. Hinty

Hinty Well-Known Member

Idea's are easy, making them work is the hard bit

Advertisement