Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Customer intro sheet

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Ok cheers, i thought that but i want to make it absoloutely clear how i operate as it seems people dont listen or choose not to listen then ask me to collect or why am i cleaning in the rain etc. I will shorten it if i can i just want to get the main points across. If its spelt out there can be no excuses

Maybe people like it ... I never done anything like that
I suppose some may think its professional and different, some may think wtf this is just window cleaning, im hoping it will apear to the former as thats the customer i want.

Good idea, I've been thinking about adding something along those lines for a new or potential customer... But I think it needs to very clear and concise, too much waffle and no one will pay any attention...

bit of advice

go out of your way to talk to the customer first time mate

it helps massively also your canvasser should be confirming with them the frequency of clean onthe doorstep..

yes u pull them all onto a 4 weekly on but what about the peeps who can only afford a 8 weekly ? my canvassers feel the ground wen at the door some chhoose monthly some choose bi monthly

wen i talk to them first clean or that i then again confirm duration etc.. as some canvassers try to pull a quick one

when they pick new customers up they give a date for the clean usually within 2-3 days

yes cheers mate some good points, i try to speak to them all and go through everything before or during the first clean, the canvasser has been saying 4 weekly to everyone and putting 8 weekly if thats what they said, but like you say sometimes the canvasser will pull a fast one and put down a maybe or someone who wanted just a one off. To be fair ive had very few problemss so far.

But these are just for those who i cant get in touch with, tried ringing or you know the type you text them for gate, they never reply, they are never in but they always pay

I have asked the canvasser to tell every customer they will be cleaned within two weeks, with me either texting or ringing the night before to confirm. I couldnt commit to set date due to other jobs, delays etc, also they may not be canvassing in the area im working, much prefer it this way

I wouldn't accept cheques from customers they bounce Adam example I had a call from a bloke who told me if I was the window cleaner that he gave a £15 cheque to because it will prob bounce and Iam moving tomorrow and I can't remember the name of the window cleaner is LoL I said no your not my customer you got the wrong window cleaner mate. I just thought who ever it was gonna be @@@@ off having a bad cheque

I wouldn't accept cheques from customers they bounce Adam example I had a call from a bloke who told me if I was the window cleaner that he gave a £15 cheque to because it will prob bounce and Iam moving tomorrow and I can't remember the name of the window cleaner is LoL I said no your not my customer you got the wrong window cleaner mate. I just thought who ever it was gonna be @@@@ off having a bad cheque
cheque is a last resort, i agree i dont generally offer it but if someone says its the only way they can pay ill do it.

R lass takes them to the bank any way lol so no problem there

Maybe cheques are a reliable way of payment once a bit of trust has been built up,same with arranging safe places to leave money etc.

Like the intro sheet, if nothing else it reaffirms a good position re cleaning in da rain mate!

I Keep it simple with the payment part I accept bank transfer , PayPal or you can leave cash under plant pot in back garden.

Have you got slips of paper to put through customers letter telling them that you been after your done there windows ie your windows have been cleaned today

I would not rigidly stick to the 4 weekly thing - as work gets busier and other more interesting options develop you may want to knock things back

I used to say 6 weeks but it's getting to be 8 now not one person minds

In fact they all say they are glad I don't go too often as simply not needed 4 weekly

I'm went to 5 weeks and had a few calls wondering where I was,that could have been due to this being a new round though

Lots of guys here do 2 weekly cleans, I think what they are doing is offsetting the cheap prices with more regular cleans (and obviously won't be on the glass much doing it two weekly). Monthly or 4 weekly seems to be most people's expectation I've noticed, larger houses seem to occasionally go bi monthly though.

Be some craic wen winter comes everyone sticking to tight schedule that why I go monthly. Also cheques get coming in no bother never had a problem since I started .. Again this is due to talking to customers before starting wen taking new work on from canvassed work.. Some jobs I do not do due to Iffy feelings from some customers.

I agree 4 weekly isnt needed, a lot of my 8`s are still pretty clean as well.

I just ask what they would prefer then if they say 4, i say thats the optimum frequency one everyone goes for etc. If they say 8, i say good choice, 4 weekly isnt nesacary, most people go for the 8. Tell them what they want to hear

Be some craic wen winter comes everyone sticking to tight schedule that why I go monthly. Also cheques get coming in no bother never had a problem since I started .. Again this is due to talking to customers before starting wen taking new work on from canvassed work.. Some jobs I do not do due to Iffy feelings from some customers.
Im no where near full though, i could do my 4 weekly round in 2-3 days a week if needed, i only want 4 good days anyway then the 5th days will be ad ons

Back