Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

slick connect alternatives

Crystalalan

Good morning everybody. I am looking for an alternative for my slick connectors( the connectors between the pole hose and the reel hose. I am looking for a more durable connector as I keep breaking mine. Thanking you in advance.

Good morning everybody. I am looking for an alternative for my slick connectors( the connectors between the pole hose and the reel hose. I am looking for a more durable connector as I keep breaking mine. Thanking you in advance.
Speak to @Skxawng on hear he does a much better fitting than the slick connect thing been using them for months and they are indestructible .

5757D073-192E-4522-A983-DE895A1C2019.jpeg

thats great cheers lads! Hey not long now Paul until my long weekend in cornwall. I have decided to buy a extreme 22 footer pole so no need to convert my ova 8 for tubeless but thanks for the offer. very kind!

thats great cheers lads! Hey not long now Paul until my long weekend in cornwall. I have decided to buy a extreme 22 footer pole so no need to convert my ova 8 for tubeless but thanks for the offer. very kind!
I use an extream 22 as my everyday pole now that’s easy to convert ?? hope you have a nice holiday , it’s very busy down hear at the moment .

Thanks for the recommendation! 

They're on eBay if you use it: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/363328912409 My seller name is rootek-designs. 

They aren't really couplers (although I'm working on one) Rather, they are extra tough protective covers for Rectus 21 type couplers. There are two versions: The Original which Pjj & Jango have earlier versions of, and the Slim version which I assume Iron Giant is using? Pics below. Any questions, please feel free to pm me. (you can buy direct with 20% discount for forum members) 

IMG_20210320_115719.png

Screenshot_20210120_011042.jpg

IMG_20210320_113530.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

They're on eBay if you use it: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/363328912409 My seller name is rootek-designs. 

They aren't really couplers (although I'm working on one) Rather, they are extra tough protective covers for Rectus 21 type couplers. There are two versions: The Original which Pjj & Jango have earlier versions of, and the Slim version which I assume Iron Giant is using? Pics below. Any questions, please feel free to pm me. (you can buy direct with 20% discount for forum members) 

View attachment 24811

View attachment 24813

View attachment 24814
Yes I have one as you know, but was more meaning the other product I am testing for you which I won't disclose. 

@Skxawng I received the tuff tap but the John guest fitting tube to barb is too small for my minibore hose , do you do a bigger sized fitting or is just for micro bore as I couldn’t see the option on the advert. 

View attachment 24811

View attachment 24813

View attachment 24814
Do these go up rollers when reeling in ?

@Skxawng I received the tuff tap but the John guest fitting tube to barb is too small for my minibore hose , do you do a bigger sized fitting or is just for micro bore as I couldn’t see the option on the advert. 

Hi, sorry its only for microbore hose currently. I think looking over the description on the website I should maybe highlight that sentence in bold and put it nearer the top where it can be seen easier. 

I could send you a 8mm od stem x 8mm id tube JG adapter, but I think it would struggle to fit inside. The aperture for the hose is 12.25mm which is too small for minibore. 

Have you tried your hose to see if you can fit it inside the TuffTap? If you can I'd be happy to send you an adapter for 8mm ID hose, if it's too big, which I think may be the case then I'd be happy to refund you. 

Edit: or, give me a couple of days days and I can make a modified version for minibore and post it out for you to try out. 

Which would you like me to do? 

View attachment 24811

View attachment 24813

View attachment 24814
Always good to see innovation and new kit entering the trade, hats off to you

Latest Posts

Back