Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Got myself a advert in the newspaper

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Twice, once by a strange customer and the other by a school for disabled that I clean twice a year.

Only got a CRB becuase my missues wants to do childminding and the whole house needs to be checked. suppose it can only benifit the business

I done a 3 month booking for an ad like this.. The paper went out monthly to over 37,000 addresses..

1st month past.... No calls

2nd month... 1 job

3rd month.. A few jobs...

Barely got the money back to cover the cost of the ad..

Good luck with yours tho

how much does CRB check cost ya? think worth having?

at least it's getting your name out there, and those jobs might lead to more in that area. I'm toying with idea of having one, but not decided yet whether it's worthwhile, or just do google addwords instead.

Hi the ads going to 90 000 houses, plus I have 3 other paper around me to cover a total of 250 0000 houses, I am going to push a waterpole article to them next week to see if that make a difference and prehaps gets me on the map.

I dont know how much the CRB cost, my wife did it. I think it was under £100 though.

Another advertising idea I came up with was putting my business card on the cars in the car parks (asda ect) best thing to do is stick them on the top of the driver window not the window wiper..

at first I thought it was a waste of time but 2 came back after the rain stopped. going to do a few hours on monday. the trick is do the car park - wait a hour and the cars should have refreshed to a whole new lot and do it again.

I got my CRB For my last job because we done the windows at schools I think it was around £70/£80

ya i had a crb check for my last job i didnt pay but thay got it for £50 but oviosly thay do a lot of them so for us it be around 70/80

i may even phone my last company up and ask for my crb check lol save me money

but it is something i will be doing in time.

good looking at a few ads like this

mind me asking how much it costs ?

the ad cost £36 per week and I bought 4 weeks worth. but next month I am going for the £25 ad and spreading it across 3 different newspapers to get about 200 000 houses

really cheap.... if you can afford it then this is great.... cant beat the local paper mate

Back