Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Summer job

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Beer

Just had a customer call to say he's recieved my card and wanted my service for window cleaning the only thing is he just wants them done till September/ October was explaining to him that I didn't really want the work as it's only temporary I clean all year round. Am I right to do this ?? I feel a right t**t saying it and turning it down just don't like being used to be honest

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

id have gone in high and worked on them to try and persuade him to keep it going, if he didn't go for it id add him to the blacklist after he stopped, I'm going to start culling the rubbish every September anyway, shorter days and less daylight, then have a big drive in march when the days get longer.

Just as an idea, say you charge £10 for the house if it was done over 12 months or £120, or if it was done over say ten months the it's £12 a go. Basically just divide the annual rate over however many months he wants, tell him straight and give him the option. At the end of the day (or summer lol) you still have bills etc to pay in the winter!

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

He might move to sunnier climes for the winter and doesn't want to tell you. I do a flat, 4th floor and charge £15 for 5 big windows. They go away September and return April, they text me a few weeks before they come back and I clean them so they're clean for when they get home.

If you're busy then don't do them but if you've got spare time why turn down a decent job.

Inno what you mean he did state he stops them every year . I can't be arsed to put my effort nd time to clean someone's house and bring it to a standard just to have them bin me
If that's your concern then tell him so and charge a decent first clean price and explain if you have space to take him on each year the first clean will be a premium.

If you have time for the work, then why not? Of course in a year or two you might find yourself booked up and he'll have to look elsewhere.

As others have said, as long as you get paid then it's no skin off your back surely....

Also don't forget the days are longer in the summer, I see these summer cleans as overtime in the summer months to pay for my holiday.

Don't usually get them back as they forget who they have used so if it's an easy job contact them next summer and remind of your services, charge a premium though.

I have one customer who spends 4-5 months in sunnier climes after his wife passed away and he is really nice guy who I have known for a lot of years so I don't mind.

I always charge half the price again for first cleans but in this case I would implement a higher price than you normally would to reflect his pause in service I had another customer who did this to save money in the winter months but after 2 years she has not yet called to restart the service so has now been sacked,

But overtime I have gained quite a few of her neighbours as regular customers so maybe consider this as a opportunity to potentially gain more work as you are still building your rounds.

I dont see the issue at all.

Be has been honest and up front telling you he only wants a summer clean.

Price accordigly and move on. Of course if your book is full and you'd have to sacrifice other work then pass on it.

I've got one she stop in December and comes back March she is old and jets of to down under in the cold allways pays on time and got me about 5 other jobs so give and take really in my eyes plus priced slightly higher so it's like I've been paid for every mth

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

I work in Pembrokeshire and window clean quite a few holiday lets from roughly March to September. The plus side is that I can fit these in as the daylight hours are longer, also they are in beautiful locations. As other posters have mentioned price accordingly.

Back