Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Equipment advice for adding pressure washing :)

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Ben23

Evening all.

Ive been getting a few requests for paving cleaning recently while doing general maintenance work and so thought I would look into adding a washer and flat surface cleaner to my arsenal and promote it alongside my other services.

ive done a lot of research and have landed on the usual advice of 300psi/15lpm etc, but I was hoping fr a bit of newbie advice on a certain setup

Ive taken the advice of many on here and checked out the loncin range at jetmac, and I rather like the look of this setup http://www.jetmac.co.uk/shop/loncin-14-horsepower-g420-ar-275-18-dual-tech-rotary-package/

My only worry is that something this powerful might damage the paving through the flat surface cleaner?

is this a possibility with stone/concrete patio's and block paving? sorry for the novice questions but I dont want my first jobs to be an emabarrasment.....also can a machine like this be hooked to the mains (outdoor tap) or will it be reliant on a buffer tank?

Many thanks for any advice, im finding it to be a bit of a confusing task to try to pick the right machine for the job if Im honest

Ben

Having talked with the guys at Jetmac Ive settled on this one in the end

http://www.jetmac.co.uk/shop/6190/

should be arriving mon/tues next week for me to have a go with before taking it to my first job later in the week. also tinkering with a 200l buffer tank trying to set up a ball **** and hose system to cope with the large amount of water pumping through, Im hoping Ive made the right choice, any feedback would be great /emoticons/smile.png

Thanks

Ben

21lpm will be much better than the 15. It is a really good machine to start with and should get most jobs done in a reasonable time frame

As for the buffer tank and ball **** I went with a 140L wheelie bin because it can be moved when it is half full of water.

The float valve I have works very well although for my machine is slightly restrictive and I notice a small increase in water flow when I have the hose going straight into the wheelie bin not via the valve. Having said that, it didn't matter when I was using my 18lpm machine however now that I have 30lpm I need all the water flow from the tap I can get.

This is the ball valve I have:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3-4-Adjustable-Plastic-Float-Valve-For-Aquatics-RO-unit-Chicken-Drinker-Farm-/301696013558?

I installed it on the opposite side to the handle of the wheelie bin just under the lip and near the corner as opposed to in the middle because I like to put hoses in my wheelie bin and if the valve is in the middle you can break the float off if you are not careful.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Thanks for your replies guys, really appreciate the input as its an area I really want to start concentrating on (well for the remainder of the season anyway)

One thing I thought I might add is that I do have concerns regarding the amount of pressure exerted on a paved surface IE: the washer is rated to kick out 3000psi, I was told it can be reduced but I could do with knowing if running it at max is the norm for most surfaces? I really don't want to be damaging any driveways or patios with this

thanks again for any help, nice that people are willing to take the time to give a novice a few pointers

3000psi shouldn't be a problem unless there is already something crumbling.

Just go over the area with the customer and if you can see any pointing that is loose point it out and tell the customer beforehand that it needs to be fixed and you will be as careful as possible but you are not going to make the situation better that's for sure.

unless you sit in one place for a while you shouldn't have any problems on anything else.

Tarmac driveways can come up at the edges if you are not careful but you will soon get the knack for keeping them in place.

Thanks for your replies guys, really appreciate the input as its an area I really want to start concentrating on (well for the remainder of the season anyway)
One thing I thought I might add is that I do have concerns regarding the amount of pressure exerted on a paved surface IE: the washer is rated to kick out 3000psi, I was told it can be reduced but I could do with knowing if running it at max is the norm for most surfaces? I really don't want to be damaging any driveways or patios with this

thanks again for any help, nice that people are willing to take the time to give a novice a few pointers
I rarely use my washer on full power unless it's on concrete or heavy stained blocks on patios etc it will blow the motar between joints for sure

Once set up I turn the pressure up till removes the muck don't see point blasting everything full pelt!!

Tarmac a turbo nozzle is a no no spec on full power you will dent the surface and I never clean Tarmac without recolour ing and sealing

I did this house roof yday engine on lowest and pressure lowest omnipole power pole 25 degree nozel removed 40 year muck and moss no bother if I'd used full pressure risk of blowing water up tile and spraying all the neighbors property

View attachment 5035

Back