Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Slowly Progressing!!!

rjacandwc

Had a good day today!. Did 10 houses on my first ever day after leaving my PAYE job. I (as some of you know on the forum) have been working two jobs for the past year (well. almost a year) and I I have officially now started Window Cleaning and said "Goodbye" to my PAYE job. I was feeling really worried about everything last ***ht. But. I got out today at 8:00am. I cleaned two new houses today which held me back abit. New houses can be a total ***htmare. But. I just keep on moving and somewhere during the day, the windows look great and the job is done. One of the houses today had Georgian Windows which seemed to slow be down more. Not only that, they were black. Any tips on cleaning them?. I was thinking about cutting down my small squeegee to save alittle time. I cleaned them today using just cloths as I never realised how small each window pane was!... At the moment I am up to 131 customers and I really do need to get out a leaflet drop now. because I operate most on foot I am going to hit all the area were i already have work. I feel like I need to get to 180-200 to be sure of a wage in today's current situation. My PAYE job was paying me abt. £55 per day (£275 per week). I pulled in not far from double that today!. I just feel like I need to step it up more now and get my customer base. I beg for positive comments from you all like you always do. Because you are all alot more experienced than me and over the past year on the WCF your comments have driven me forward. I have also picked up a fewe jobs to fill the gaps for family and friends..

Well done. I was nervous first day as we prob all were but once yer get into it it's great. 6 inch channel (I got 2) is a good idea but must admit on them little windows I use astonish tile and glass spray and a micro cloth ( a good one, I use paragon 40cmx40cm glass cleaning one) and do them with that. Have done for 4 years now and never had a complaint and find it quicker then squeegeeing. It's just another option.

Cheers James and Paulrods... Jambo113 and posh. thanks for the tips. I have ordered a channel straight away... Seems like a nice cheap price. Good tip on using the astonish tile and glass spray too... I will get some of this if I get a few extra Georgian Windowed Houses in the near future hopefully... Welsh Cleaner. My 130 is worth around £850 per month at the moment... Which is an average of £6.50 per customer. Although, I have bungalows and flats I do for £4/£5 up to large houses from £12-15... the average sized house in this area (Suffolk) is about £7 - £8 per head in the small market towns. In the larger towns it may well be slightly more. Not too sure on that one really. I was taking home £1100 per month on my PAYE job. So, at the moment I am not earning as much as I was. But. I felt like I could not carry on the way i was. I was working two jobs and to be honest I was working myself into the ground. I feel happier now that I have left my PAYE job although, alittle worried. But. worry does not clean windows. So, in the morning I am getting out again...

If it works it works, and if you've had no complaints everyone's a winner right?

Quite correct

---

I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?homynz

Cheers James and Paulrods... Jambo113 and posh. thanks for the tips. I have ordered a channel straight away... Seems like a nice cheap price. Good tip on using the astonish tile and glass spray too... I will get some of this if I get a few extra Georgian Windowed Houses in the near future hopefully... Welsh Cleaner. My 130 is worth around £850 per month at the moment... Which is an average of £6.50 per customer. Although, I have bungalows and flats I do for £4/£5 up to large houses from £12-15... the average sized house in this area (Suffolk) is about £7 - £8 per head in the small market towns. In the larger towns it may well be slightly more. Not too sure on that one really. I was taking home £1100 per month on my PAYE job. So, at the moment I am not earning as much as I was. But. I felt like I could not carry on the way i was. I was working two jobs and to be honest I was working myself into the ground. I feel happier now that I have left my PAYE job although, alittle worried. But. worry does not clean windows. So, in the morning I am getting out again...
On that tile and glass cleaner. It's a green liquid. I've tried the other glass cleaners, even astonish but there glass cleaner is not as good as there tile and glass cleaner. Spray on wipe with micro and buff with glass micro cloth. Funny enough did a house today and it came out brill. Bit more difficult in the sun. Buff it before it drys.

Welsh Cleaner. Just to give you an idea of my growth since June last year... Amount of customers each month etc...

June 19

July 20

Aug 17

Sep 15

Oct 3

Nov 9

Dec 8

Jan 15

Feb 13

March 11

Total: 130 plus a new one today!!!

Cheers the Mighty Posh! From the Tractor Boy!!! lol

Welsh Cleaner. Just to give you an idea of my growth since June last year... Amount of customers each month etc...

June 19

July 20

Aug 17

Sep 15

Oct 3

Nov 9

Dec 8

Jan 15

Feb 13

March 11

Total: 130 plus a new one today!!!

Cheers the Mighty Posh! From the Tractor Boy!!! lol
Just don't mention Saturday's result lol

Like me you had a good jan & feb. I picked up 48 new custys in them 2 months which considering the weather and the time of the year is brill. You should now start getting more as the sun (hopefully) comes out. Good going.

Cheers folks... Yep! you got all your Maths correct. Although, was taking 1100 from the PAYE job. So, now I am alittle stuck for cash. But, I have more time to put into the Window Cleaning. Now going out to leaflet drop a small estate on the outskirts of town!!!! Back on here to***ht!... yep! Posh I picked up a few in Jan and Feb and most of these came from Facebook. I added friends of friends etc over the xmas period and they seemed to be noticing that their Windows needed cleaning... I think I have almost hit a brick wall with facebook for now and I am on the leaflet mission for now!...

Good stuff Steve...

I picked up X4 new jobs today. x3 New Build Houses and a Bungalow... Managed to get the houses done and arranged for the Bungalow for New Week..

I dropped about 100 leaflets today Welsh Clean... One small housing estate up near town... I only have two houses up that way at the moment. Would like 10-15... So, Its worth my while as my Mrs. drops me off in her car...

Back