Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Difference in price

WCF

Help Support WCF:

mark m

We all seem to charge different prices for cleaning windows

ie i charge £15- £18 3 bed semi house in a different thread i see some of you charge as little as £6.00 i dont think i am that well off i seem to charge the same if not less than some of the others near me so i am thinking cost of living must be a huge difference

in my local pub fosters cost £3.90 a pint ,council tax £3200 a year

My prices range realy but i seem to charge

depends on the area tbh mate dont it

it expensive to live anywhere

my average price seems to be £8-10-12 got some around 15-20 and some at 5

How much are 20 cigarettes where you are? It prob is the cost of living just in your area or over the water? I haven't been to the bar in ages but think a pint is about £3

Our rates are £500 odd a year!! Closer to the town would be alot higher just about a mile away it's £800+

The differences between window cleaners have a bigger impact on net profit or the prices than any other factor that I have come across.

Writing a book involved a lot of research and talking to a lot of window cleaners, and I can assure you - it’s the ‘window cleaner’ that makes the difference.

If you take any 100 window cleaners you will always have 20% at the top in terms of net profit and at the other end 20% who are at the bottom.

Overall turnover can be misleading; I have met part time wfp cleaners who make more net profit than full time wfp window cleaners, and trad cleaners who do the same, making more money than some window cleaners using wfp.

Richard

The differences between window cleaners have a bigger impact on net profit or the prices than any other factor that I have come across.

Writing a book involved a lot of research and talking to a lot of window cleaners, and I can assure you - it’s the ‘window cleaner’ that makes the difference.

If you take any 100 window cleaners you will always have 20% at the top in terms of net profit and at the other end 20% who are at the bottom.

Overall turnover can be misleading; I have met part time wfp cleaners who make more net profit than full time wfp window cleaners, and trad cleaners who do the same, making more money than some window cleaners using wfp.

Richard
Answer you phone it keeps going onto orange answerphone or give me a ring

a guy i know that lives in bradford has just told me he gets his semi cleaned (not sure whether its 2 or 3 bed) for £3

You will get those £3 prices in every town, city and village in the UK. Those prices only exist because the window cleaner is willing to work for that amount.

As you build your round you need to go where the money is; there’s little point in getting your round to a £20 minimum charge then go looking for more work in a local authority housing area.

Richard

ya thay used to do my street for £5 a house last year i charge £8-10 a house

but them £5 guys are only around for 2/3 months a year so make us good guys look expensive but most people around me are happy with £10 tbh

i have picked up loads of customers who say they used someone cheap only to find they wouldnt return in winter, a good few of my new customers are more concerned that i'll come every month rather than the price , its crazy really.. then you get the **** takers, my nan pays £3 for 10 window house with french doors but the work they do is a joke. i have decided ( through learning from the experience of you guys ) that it is better to charge a price your happy with and do a good job , rather than rush around doing a **** job for pennies.

Back