sluggish pump

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by tom_coates, Mar 21, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. tom_coates

tom_coates Newcomer

hi all, my pump sometimes idles and trickles out for a few seconds and then goes back to the correct pressure, the controller says DE which means blockage i think, checked everywhere there and seams to be ok, any ideas ?

also what should i charge for a average semi-detached driveway clean, and an average 3 bed semi gutter clean.
    thanks in advance Tom

Advertisement
  2. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

How long does it take for the pump to stop after turning the flow off?

3. tom_coates

tom_coates Newcomer

straight away when i turn it off, but when its on and flowing as it should its like it having a breather for 3 seconds and then goes back to correct flow again, probably pumps well for 7 seconds and then dribbles out for 3 then back for 7 and so on

4. Jonathan Sanderson

Jonathan Sanderson Active Member

You need to calibrate your controller to increase the dead end.

5. tom_coates

tom_coates Newcomer

yeah ive calibrated it and set it at 35/100 and it still happens. or do you have to calibrate it before each use ?

6. Jonathan Sanderson

What kind of controller do you have? It sounds like you need to manually increase the dead end.

Auto calibration doesn't always work.

7. spruce

spruce Grand Master

I don't think Tom understands what setting the calibration means.

Its confusing as the Spring controllers are divided into 100 segments and as a Shurflo pump is 100 psi, users assume that when they switch the controller on, the figure shown is the psi.

It isn't, its the speed you want the water to flow out of the brush head at. The pressure is calibrated either manually or automatically to work correctly at the water flow rate you want at the brush head.

8. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

While you're here spruce, I have something similar going on. When I turn the tap to the off position on the pole and then turn it on, the water comes out slow for about 3 seconds and then comes out as it should and stays constant until I turn flow off and on again. I re-calibrated from 45 down to 35 and it's still the same.

9. Jonathan Sanderson

I think that will just be the dynamics of your set up. Once you turn the flow on, the water that is coming out at the brush head is the pressure in your system.

Then it takes a few seconds for your pump to "pulse" and check if it's lost pressure, and your pump will start to work again.

To instantly have your pump kick in when you turn your flow may not be possible.,it might always take 2-3 seconds.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  10. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

Odd that its only just started doing it the last 2 weeks, or so I've noticed :confused:

Advertisement