Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

SLX-22 or 25?

windyman

Member
Messages
468
Right, the time is nearly here for me to buy my new pole! Yessss! ha.

I just can't decide whether to get the slx-22 or the slx-25. I'll explain my needs, then give me your opinion.

90% of my work, the slx-22 would be just right. The other 10% I need a slightly longer pole to reach (3 storey etc).

So do I go for ultimate lightness for 90% of my work, shorted closed length, and then have to use my old fibre-glass pole for the other 10%...

or do I buy a slx-25 which would do me for all my work...but is extra weight (and closed length) which is not needed for most of my work???

The price difference is about £60 (that's not really an issue), and if I got the 22, there is the option of buying an extra section & adding/removing as I need to...but I can't see me faffing around with this between houses.

Please help...I just can't decide!

P.s don't say buy both! /emoticons/biggrin.png

 
M

MyLittleCleaningCompany

What's your plan long term? I have an ionic grafter plus 32ft and am pretty much in the same boat as you. I have decided to buy the slx 22 to do the majority of the work and keep my existing pole till I can replace that with a slx 35. This way I can still do my commercial & 3rd story work until I get a replacement whilst working with a pole that's smaller and lighter most of the time.

Hope this helps. So in a way but both!!! /emoticons/biggrin.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

 

windyman

Member
Messages
468
Ha I knew that was the answer! lol. Thanks for your reply. Doesn't really help lol. Just kidding.

My problem is that it's such a small difference, not like I need the 18 & 35...just the 22 & 25. I could never buy 22 & 25 as they're just too similar in size.

I keep swinging too and fro in my decision. One minute I've decided, next minute...decided the other way!

 
M

MyLittleCleaningCompany

If your only ever going to get one pole get the 25. You will be quicker and it will feel a lot better after using a fibre glass. If you think you will need a longer pole for commercial work get the smaller one then when you can buy a longer one do that.

If you get the 22 and have to use your old one to do the 3rd story's you'll get annoyed with swapping to a less rigid pole.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

 

windyman

Member
Messages
468
Yea I know. The higher the pole the more you need rigidity as well. I'm thinking 25 at the moment...just so that one pole does all my work.

But then will I resent the extra weight when I'm doing houses all day?? I need medical help! lol


P.s I do have commercial work, and the 25 would cover it. There are windows where I need a massive pole 40ft or so, but I borrow one of a mate. Not buying one for 3 windows every few months!

 
M

MyLittleCleaningCompany

Have you looked at the weight of your current pole compared to the 25? I bet you wouldn't even notice the difference.

 
Messages
193
I went from an xTel 18 foot glass fibre to a slx25. I wasnt used to having so much pole hose when it was closed (bought a pole hose tidy which solved it).

I did wonder whether i should have gone for the 22 myself, but i have the odd 3rd story window which i can now get to, also when stretching over conservatories and flat roofs, whereas before i needed to put a ladder up to reach, i can now reach from the floor thanks to the extra length of this one, and its rigidity.

So my money would probably be on the 25, if you feel you could use its length sometimes then go for that one, it feels about the same weight at my fibre glass 18 footer was, but so much more rigid and "usable".

If you dont really need it, and 22 is good enough, then go for that one, its a bit more manageable at lower levels (what difference does 9 inches make anyway /emoticons/ohmy.png ). But if you can use the 25, even occasionally, then get that one and have the tool for the job without having the hassle of having to add bits to it.

Clear as mud?!!

 

windyman

Member
Messages
468
Right, think I've decided on the 25. My current 20ft FG pole weighs 1.91kg & the slx 25 is 1375g, so even the 25 will be way lighter, not to mention stiffer.

Thanks for all your replies!

 

windyman

Member
Messages
468
Mark, mark, mark...just when I had decided, you go and throw in that! Ha.

Can't afford 2, so will have to be the 25 I think.

 

Alex Gardiner

Premium Member
Messages
1,150
Location
Cornwall
If you can only afford the one pole then I would recommend the SLX25. It is a very compact and light pole compared to almost anything else on the market. Working with it on low level will cause you no undue strain or awkwardness at all. I designed the original SLX25 back in 2007 (still got the first prototype in my garage) for specifically your type of work. I needed a pole that could be used all day every day and would reach third storey dormer windows on two properties I cleaned (I had a Super-Lite 45ft for commercial high level work). I already had a 21ft Xtel which was just not quite long enough so I knew that it had to be a good bit longer. This pole transformed my working day and it has done the same for many others.

The current version is even lighter and more compact than the original SLX25 which makes it even more adaptable. If you can have just the one pole then there is only one choice - SLX25

Of course if you could stretch to two them I would say go for a CLX18 and SLX30 - this would cover even more bases!

 

windyman

Member
Messages
468
Cheers alex, that's made my mind up then, 25 it is. WOuld love 2 poles, and maybe will in future, but right now can only afford one. Just waiting on a cheque to come in, then I'll be calling up to order!

 
Top
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock