Slx-22 or slx-25

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Tuffers, Jul 15, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

My SLX-22 is not far from going to pole heaven and I will be buying another pole from Alex Gardiner when fresh stocks are in.

I love my SLX-22, but I'm thinking of getting an SLX-25, but there is 120gms weight difference. I might get the 22 and buy the extension to make it a 25 when I need it. It will cost £24 + VAT more to do it that way.

I can reach 99% of my work with a 22 and I use my 35 for the really high stuff. Can't make my mind up what to do.

What would you do?

And I can't afford the Extreme 22 or 25, so that's out the question.

Advertisement
  2. Smurf

Smurf Banned

How long have you had that slx-22 Tuffers?

Would the new gardiner clamps make any difference?

3. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

Had it just over a year I think. It has new clamps on it, but section one is at the limit and I can't be arsed with all that lacquering.

4. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Oh well a man of your means can afford a new pole then.:D
    I would go with the 25 myself only because of the sort of work I do

5. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

Want an SLX-22 cheapncheerful?

6. cheapncheerful

nope i like my banana....not allowed to spend any more money....for a bit....:(but then again...no she will bite....

7. tench0771

tench0771 Grand Master

if i was u tuffers ide get a 18ft an use ur 35ft on them bigger jobs but my round is different to urs so u may b best geting a 25ft a 25 ant that mch heaver to b fair,im using a 22 at the min it but when i get my new poles ill b geting a 18 for 60 percent of my wrk an use my 35 for the slitly bigger houses 3 story i think 18 will do nearly all my 2 story wrk over connys ect

8. keir

keir Guru

I'd get the 22 again Tuffers, your round sounds similar to mine. I use my 22 for 99% of my work and the slx 25 for a few high jobs and a couple of other windows, but mainly i use it for pvc as its stiffer than the 22 and its a spare if owt goes wrong with my 22.

When my 22 is nearly done which to be honest it is i will deffo replace it with another phoenix 22

9. ♠Winp®oClean♠

♠Winp®oClean♠ Forum Addict

I've used a SLX-25 since the day they were released (I actually still have it, the MKI- retired). I have always found the 25ft very handy for higher windows & velux etc. However, I have always used a swivel with it too so the slightly longer closed length makes no difference in tight spaces etc.:)

10. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

Food for thought. The thing is, if I have velux and 3 storey stuff I use the 35' and more weight with a 25 = more pain on my knackered joints? I'm swaying towards 22 I think.

Advertisement