Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Attn: Doug Atkinson regards ro system

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Barney

@doug atkinson

Hi doug, I bought a 450 ro from you last year. (working really well).

If I upgrade it to a 600 what do I need to purchase from you.

Will it affect the inline restrictor, or will I need a new one.

Just as a matter of interest. I notice on your web video that your 40/21 40/40 systems use an adjustable tap which can adjust the waste/pure ratio. Could I use this on my system?

Thanks

@doug atkinson
Hi doug, I bought a 450 ro from you last year. (working really well).

If I upgrade it to a 600 what do I need to purchase from you.

Will it affect the inline restrictor, or will I need a new one.

Just as a matter of interest. I notice on your web video that your 40/21 40/40 systems use an adjustable tap which can adjust the waste/pure ratio. Could I use this on my system?

Thanks

This is a good question. It will be interesting to hear Dougs take on this as I was under the impression that 3 membrane housings were the highest you could go with1/4" piping through the prefilters.

I would have thought that upgraded prefilters (1/2" inlets and outlets) would mean you could add a whole lot more membranes and housings. I would also have throught that if you kept the membrane housings in 'groups' of 3, then you could add another inline restrictor.

I replaced our 450GPD with a 4040 which gives us the 3 of us plenty of water with staggered fillings. I would imagine that 1 x 4040 membrane performance is easier managed than 6 or 9 150GPD membranes.

Thanks for that. I must admit that I don't use huge ammounts of water at the momment (might change in future) I,m thinking that I might try and harvest rain water to cut costs. I am on a meter (I have plenty of roof space to harvest it. My own house plus my and neighbours car port and garages)

I agree with you spruce that a 40/21 40/40 would be the best for those that use a lot of water. (considering the cost differcence I would personlly go like you did and buy 40/40)

Hi Barney,

I know someone who tried to add a second membrane connected to the waste to reduce his waste. Did work but membrane does not last that long. You have to take into consideration what the cost of your water m3 compared to cost of another membrane.

Don't know what you guys pay but here in Scotland commercial water is set at ..08p per m3 so not worth it.

Thanks for that. I must admit that I don't use huge ammounts of water at the momment (might change in future) I,m thinking that I might try and harvest rain water to cut costs. I am on a meter (I have plenty of roof space to harvest it. My own house plus my and neighbours car port and garages)
I agree with you spruce that a 40/21 40/40 would be the best for those that use a lot of water. (considering the cost differcence I would personlly go like you did and buy 40/40)

Rain water harvesting is another option, but would you be making your life much more complicated by trying to run 2 systems?

We live on the coast in the North East. We don't get that much rainfall, although the ground is always wet. We certainly don't get enough water on a continual basis to harvest rain water, so would need to have r/o backup, especially during summer. I would also need storage space for a few more IBC tanks.

If you have a good pricing structure which includes the cost of water purification, then take it as a claimable business expense and focus on the more important things of growing your business, or spending that time with family and friends, hobbies, etc., things that give your life quality.

In my personal experience, it is easy to get involved with periphery items and lose focus on the important things. I once had a boss who used to quote an Americanism;

“When you’re up to your ass in gnats and alligators, it’s easy to forget that the initial objective was to drain the swamp.”

It means that when you’re working toward a long-term goal (draining the swamp), your time and energy can be eaten up by urgent, daily tasks (slaying alligators) that don’t necessarily aid you in achieving more important future objectives.

I have never forgotten that advice.

Back