Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Window cleaning in the winter

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Legend

Do you guys lose many customers to the winter?asking as I'm about to finish my full time job and build on my window cleaning.cheers guys

Nope, it's a year round job, week in week out, customers should be aware that it's a monthly (or however regular you do them) service that keeps going and going and going....

You will always come accross a few that will say leave the windows until spring. Then it's up to you if you get rid or keep them on your books

You will always come accross a few that will say leave the windows until spring. Then it's up to you if you get rid or keep them on your books
Do you get many that say that smurf?

Not many but are all good paying jobs so I'm a bit flexible unlike some so I just class them as an addon to earn a bit of extra dosh as you do.

Not many but are all good paying jobs so I'm a bit flexible unlike some so I just class them as an addon to earn a bit of extra dosh as you do.
What percentage of your your work load to you lose in the winter?

less than one percent but after saying that if winters are very bad then you can't beat mother nature i'm affraid to service the regular customers you may have.

I've never lost one customer in the winter, that's in 8 years...

I suppose you might if your first starting up, but you'll get rid of all the naff customers as you go, once you've got a solid round, you'll not lose any in the winter, the only thing you'll lose is your own working days due to bad weather...

All my customers know when i take them on that i work all weathers and all year

You still get a couple who mess about but they soon get replaced with new jobs

I wouldn't worry about the winter

Get the customers established now as it is harder to get new work in winter

As said above by the blue one. U only get one or two say leave it for the winter and come again in spring, i never restart them but thats just me, if u build up a massive round u might not mind if a few drop off in winter as it gets dark etc and sometimes snows

Sometimes these winter drop off customers are actually already your least favorite customers and its the perfect excuse to ditch them /emoticons/biggrin.png

Don't ditch them, just put the price up. They'll either stay or go, either way its win win. They might even learn not to play that game if they realise that the price increase over the course of the year would have paid for those few missed cleans./emoticons/biggrin.png

You can't beat dragonball z, gt and kai which is shown now in japan

Also making a new series dragonball super

I think there are 19 seperate anime films also

You?

Back