Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Custom Made Controllers

WCF

Help Support WCF:

rcproperty

A range of Custom made controllers brought to you starting from £39.99

Basic single pump analog controllers that are simple to wire in, set up and use.

Double pump controllers for the people that have a 2 man set up. 2 controllers in one unit,

Wireless remote controllers that have a range of up to 120m, line of site.

we are in the process of playing around with a brand new wireless controller to hopefully help with working round bigger building, hopefully that will be ready by July.

also there will be a few optional extras that you could have added to your controller to!

thanks for the info guys, those pure flow controllers look just what im after. I bought myself a cheap chinese one but it wont work when im round the back of a house

One of the chaps had one to try out on his van but found it would play up as range is indeed an issue with remotes

I'm currently looking to build a wireless remote for between the controller and pump. i can build transmitters and receivers very cheap and use antenna on pole to sort the range problem out.

Few weeks I'll have a working prototype just unsure what protocol and power options to use as everyones application would need tailoring to suit their need etc.

I'll post a thread with a prototype and see if there's any interest

I use a cheap china remote. I tried inline tap but did not work for me. I have remote in pocket and just turn on and off. It works really well. I can leave my trolly at front of house and got round back. It still works well through building (30-40m, but they say should work upto 100m).

I have cheapo pump in my trolly and the tap didn't shut off switch even though pump specs says it has one. This caused problems for me.

hi guys, theres a few advantages to a remote. Firstly Ive tried a lot of the flow control on off taps using the pressure switch. This is the experience Ive had so far. Im not a fan of the tap on belt as mainly it gets in the way and you have a loop of hose, the aquatap is better but you always need a window sill or something to jam it against so you can twist the pole to make it go on or off, not ideal, and the brush is always resting on the brickwork picking nasty bits. I dont really like the aquatap. I tried the the aquadapter next. I think its pretty good, its snappy at turning the water on and off on demand, fairly easy to use, although you need to hold the pole with one hand and pull the hose with the other. Sometimes a little awkward when the end of the pole is close to the ground. Aquadapters obviously put 7 or 8 inches on the length of the pole and make it less agile when working in tight spaces, also if weight is a concern to you it adds a few grams. Ive also found the aquadapters arnt built great and ive had to make a few repairs from time to time. My opinion is, any mechanical flow switch is better than no flow switch and the aquadapter is definitely the winner for speed, ease of use and saving the most drops of water. But they all put the stress on the pump and will wear out the pressure switch and pump eventually. You'll notice that when you turn your flow switch back open, it will spit out the water faster than normal because of the pressure build up.

So Ive recemtly tried out the remote control system. It works by sending a signal that turns the pump on or off completely. So its kinder to your pump. What I've done is attached the remote to the pole itself as shown in the photo. Today I tested it out properly for a days work. I have to say I was blown away how good it was. It worked very well even round the back of houses. Where it was positioned on the pole was very good, it didnt get in the way and turning the water on and off was an absolute breese, you can still keep both hands on the pole, just put you finger out to press the button. Its easier to use than the aquadapter, I save more water because I dont have to bend down to pull the hose, or push the pole up higher so I can reach the hose and pull it. Its effortless to press a little button. I do have to say its not perfected just yet. It worked very well today and it saved me a lot of effort and time, but I think because I was working on a new housing estate you can park close to the houses and I wasnt too far away being round the back. It does have some range issues. If your a few houses down from the van round the back sometimes it didnt work. But as I still had my aquadapter on the pole I used that instead for those times. But what I really want to imporve is the range ability. As I made the wireless system myself I was hoping 'messy' could give me some advice on that.

On the remote is 'A' , 'B' & 'O'

A= TURN ON PUMP

O = TURN OFF PUMP

B= TURN ON PUMP WITH A HIGHER FLOWRATE

A & B are adjustable.

View attachment 4007

I'm currently looking to build a wireless remote for between the controller and pump. i can build transmitters and receivers very cheap and use antenna on pole to sort the range problem out.Few weeks I'll have a working prototype just unsure what protocol and power options to use as everyones application would need tailoring to suit their need etc.

I'll post a thread with a prototype and see if there's any interest

Sounds very interesting messy, could you give me any advice in improving my range of my reciever/transmitter. I'm no expert but I've learned how wire up a system with relays etc to my existing controller. I suspect my antenna length is too long and dont have an antenna atached to my remote, thanks

heres a few pics

View attachment 4010

View attachment 4008

View attachment 4009

Back