Small size wagtails- how do u carry yours?

Discussion in 'Traditional Window Cleaning' started by boarcity, Sep 14, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. boarcity

boarcity Guest

ive several small wags and very useful they are too BUT Photo-0015.jpg they dont fit in a Pulex boab , keep falling out . any of you lads found a nifty way to carry yours ?

Advertisement
  2. Smurf

Smurf Banned

small blades like that i tend to carry in the loops of my trad belt...or you could use a chepo hammer belt holster instead

3. cheapncheerful

i dont use wagtail but yes my four inch squeegee just kept falling out the boab and annoyed me....its now kept in my ex scrim pocket...i say ex scrim as i use the taytay method these days...ahh i miss scrim...i must go back for old times sake...:D

the drawback is....the blade gets covered in all the crud that finds its way into the bottom of my pockets...so you do have to rinse it quite often...

4. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

5. Posh

Posh Hero

Someone asked this once before about the small 6 inch squeegees falling out of your boab. Move the squeegee down so instead of it looking like a T make it look like a L. Best way I can explain it. Takes a bit of getting used to but don't fall out.

6. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

I have one the width of the handle I use on frames and sills to remove excess water before wiping.
    Lives in one of my rear pouches (I have 3 pouches on my belt)

7. TolishAPurd

I've only had my unger pouch about a week and that's exactly where I put my 6" squeegee.

And I do this on my 10"er. Working with an offset handle is a bit weird but I started doing this early on so I'm used to it now.

Its funny how the same solutions pop up across the forum even though its not common knowledge.

8. TolishAPurd

If you're ever looking for something a little more compact, I used to use one of these;
    [​IMG]

Its a grout squeegee. The plastic part used to also come in useful for scraping stuff off upvc. Cheap as chips too.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  9. cheapncheerful

ahh i didnt get what posh was saying but i do now tolish...good idea posh...have to try that...:D i dont use it that much mainly when i use my 18 inch blade and you come across a too small window...

i wish my brain had thought to do that....grrrr stupid brain...

the blade will be moved tomorrow and now have space in my pocket for the idea tolish posted..

10. Duncs

Duncs Grand Master

6" squeegee lost loads only use the brass ones back pocket for me
    when i was trad classed this as my best bit of kit letter box windows easy

Advertisement