Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

4 years next week since i started (ANY BEGINNERS MUST READ THIS)

WCF

Help Support WCF:

harunh

Wow ! What a journey... next week it will be 4 years since i started..

Most of u will know me from the usernames: Harunh / They Call me H

I got banned a few years ago but i am now back to help people out in the window cleaning circle /emoticons/biggrin.png

If you are starting out i recommend u read this as it can only do wonders for your confidence /emoticons/smile.png

When i first started out a lot of people used to laugh at me and my own friends and family used to say to me why would u do that for ? but deep down i had a business plan all in my mind and i knew i could do it but i stuck to my guns and went with it... the first 6 months were very hard... i went door knocking and i still remember my first ever customer till this day /emoticons/smile.png I still clean their windows aswell so i cant be doing that bad can i /emoticons/wink.png haha

While i started my business i was working part time in a call centre... and without this job i wouldnt be where i am today.. it was a weekend job... so it was ideal... i would recommend that anyone who starts up and has no money on the side that u work weekends to make up the numbers for your business.. in the first year u will not make a penny.... after 16-18 months i quit the job and just focused on my business /emoticons/smile.png I upgraded from a small van to a medium van... and i am now looking at getting a 2nd van on the road this week /emoticons/smile.png i will have 2 vans on the road soon /emoticons/smile.png I am expanding on the commercial side a lot and think theres a load of work out there u just got to go and look for the work.

The work will not come to you.... i could of had 3 vans on the road by now... but i have been very lazy.... but im only 25... but the key to a successfull window cleaning business are below:

Always work in all weathers ( DONT LET THIS EFFECT YOUR BUSINESS ) - i EDUCATE ALL MY CUSTOMERS TELLING THEM RAIN DOESNT MAKE YOUR WINDOWS DIRTY.

Knock on doors non stop ( KEEP KNOCKING DOORS AND U WILL ALWAYS BE GOING UP IN THE WORLD )

Be respectful and look after all your clients ( LOOK AFTER YOUR CUSTOMERS ALWAYS SMILE EVEN THOUGH YOU FEEL DEPRESSED AND SICK IN THE HEART /emoticons/sad.png )

Never undersell yourself ( NEVER UNDERPRICE JUST TO GAIN WORK IT WILL ONLY COME BACK TO HAUNT YOU )

In the next year i expect my customer base to double to what it is now.. yes that means get more customers in the next 12 months then i have in the past 4 years.

HOW ?

Wake up each morning and sell yourself to clients and gain contracts left right and centre, you either run the day or the day will run you !

Anyone can do it /emoticons/smile.png it just takes motivation...... if i can do it then really anyone else can do it trust me !

Good luck to everyone on here and i wish u all the best

Nice post mate

I disagree that you won't make money in the first year as a backpack..some drums..an ro and some trad gear won't set you back much and after a few weeks it is all profit..minus some fuel and fliers etc

The fancy system can come later

Well done though but don't tell everyone or they'll all be at it lol

Agree with Dave on that

You can make profit with very little gear

I do like your post tho

Also agree on the rain bit

Windows that get rained on more are usually cleaner than sheltered ones

U can tell anyone about the world of window cleaning /emoticons/smile.png A lot of people will never go in to window cleaning for the following reasons below:

They havent got the backbone to run a window cleaning business

They dont like working outdoors

They dont like the idea of being a "window cleaner"

There is a lot of different ventures out there... Look at the cleaning market... it is absolutely booming.... Steam cleaning is the next big thing in the cleaning sector.. then you got Driveway cleaning and House cleaning etc.... all them are growing markets... Theres new things getting built everywhere around u which means a higher demand in our service !

Window cleaning is not an easy job and a lot of people realise that when they start out.

Nowt wrong with working in rain..either wfp or trad
I still hate working in the rain. In fact I won't clean houses in it. Only commercials. Can see the look of disbelief on customers faces if u arrive in the rain. I wouldn't have my car cleaned in the rain. Wouldn't expect my customers to have their windows done in it. Good post tho!!

I avoid rain depending on how heavy, not because its rubbish or the customers but because I wear glasses and it drives me insane, I can't actually see what I am doing if its raining hard.

Wind is my biggest hate, heavy wind with the water coming sideways out of the brush and the pole beding about in the wind.

I did a gutter clear the other week in heavy wind, was bloody awful, never again.

Been pis$ing down all day here in costa del Bromley. So on went my sealskin trousers and coat and cracked on with conny roofs. 4 done today. Nice earner, but hard work.

Ache like a pregnant nun now. Time for a hot bath with radox, lovely image for you there /emoticons/smile.png

Im sure when i started i was making profit after the first week, ladders and trad gear only cost me around £120

Glad you are doing well, and i like you expect high or plan high

Been pis$ing down all day here in costa del Bromley. So on went my sealskin trousers and coat and cracked on with conny roofs. 4 done today. Nice earner, but hard work.Ache like a pregnant nun now. Time for a hot bath with radox, lovely image for you there /emoticons/smile.png
Same here Steve

3 conny roofs

1 fsg

1 first clean

Ache a bit now

Although i did have my waterproofs on..i was born with them..called skin

Sealskin trousers :rofl::rofl:

Latest Posts

Back