Smartphone, accessories, networks, deals, apps

Discussion in 'Managing Your Business' started by DannyB, Jul 23, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. DannyB

DannyB Active Member

Hi everyone

I'm not exactly a fan of the newest mobile technology. On the contrary, I'm a complete dinosaur regarding that area. But at the same time, I'm no Luddite and I want to learn using smartphone in my business effectively.

Does anyone use their smartphone in a rather advanced, innovative way in their business? Have you got any tips regarding the size, make and model of an ideal smartphone for a window cleaning, hardware accessories, way of battery charging, mobile networks, particular deals or handy apps?

Do you use any cloud based appointment scheduler that will enable you to set a new quotation appointment even when you are standing on the ladder and receiving a phone call from a new prospect?

Have you got any useful SatNav app on your smartphone?

Do you use your hands free set also for listening music or audio programs?

Don't think that you are supposed to answer all the above questions. ANY single tip or life hack will be handy and most appreciated.

Advertisement
  2. Jake

Jake Grand Master

Please tell me your joking :eek:

Doesn't just every man and his dog have an iPhone these days...

3. Jake

Jake Grand Master

Just get an iPhone (or similar) and you'll have all of the above answered

4. DannyB

DannyB Active Member

Thank you. Anyway, nowadays far the most sold smartphones are those with the Android OS. Are you able to schedule a new meeting every time at the moment a new prospect is giving you a call? And are you using a phablet or something smaller?

5. Jake

Jake Grand Master

You can schedule in anything into an iPhone calendar and it will alert you to when it's about to 'happen' or you can get it to remind you etc,

iPhones still the best smart phones it there for apps and general features, although this is massively debatable, but having owned iPhones for years and having a wife that's android, I way prefer iPhones!

6. DannyB

DannyB Active Member

Thanks. Can you have a look into your iPhone calendar still while your prospect is calling you and schedule the meeting during the very phone call, too? All the time using only your smartphone and no other device?

7. Jake

Jake Grand Master

Yeah of course, you just put them on speaker phone and you can do anything on the phone while taking to them

8. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

Android is the same
    I have excel spreadsheets on it and also connected to my laptop so any time i alter my schedule on my phone it automatically alters on my laptop when i get home and turn it on and vice versa
    I do the same on speakerphone i can add details etc but i prefer to go round to quote and add it all while there chatting up the new custy

9. DannyB

DannyB Active Member

It's not so bad. And do you use the headphones from your hands-free set to listen to music?

10. DannyB

DannyB Active Member

And does anyone use any service to record their calls?

Advertisement