Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Shop pricing.

Eddie dragon

Got asked to price up a shop in a factory outlet today. In an out weekly.

Looked it over and recon it's an hour of my time with travel. I have priced it at £20 which is as low an hourly rate as I'm willing to go.

Still probably to mutch for them.

Do those of you who do shops charge less as it's weekly?

Each job I do is priced accordingly to what I think it's worth.I have some I do 3x a week still takes roughly the same time if the frequency was longer.

Shops are some times not worth the hassle if you only have one on it's own and it's some distance away.

Difficult one that. When a jobs out of the way what do you do...

I would say if you have the time then you could go in a more acceptable rate and try to canvass more work nearby to make it worth the trip or go high knowing you won't get it.

I would say if your having to come down to 20 an hour and still think it's too much then it's probably not worth it so just quote it even higher on the off chance imo

i tell everybody on the quote what its going to be, take or leave it. No discounts, good job, good service, shiny windows. Nobody gets a better price "because" etc. but we all do it differently.

Or sell it if you know a local windy! Price it normally, get it, and sell it to a local windy for twice or three times value if the above options aren't feasible.

I have put it in at 20. Don't recon I will get it as it's not the shop directly. Being put out by cleaning contractor.

I would like to get in on the site. I know most of the shops cleaning is covered by one company. Been in with the site management from the beginning. So probably not a lot of work going.

I set out to do domestic only.

However my circumstances will change shortly. any advice on gaining commercial work would be appreciated. Early starts back on the cards.

Latest Posts

Back