Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Just snapped my di outlet

• Thread starter SolarPanelCleaning
  • Start date
WCF

Help Support WCF:

hmmmm if You cant wait for online...probs the builders merchants especially the plumbing based ones but...may be the garden centre too...good hunting...that reminds me...certain spare parts I must order...you just really have to look at the plastic parts and think its gonna snap...:eek: bad luck though..

mind you we have a great hardware store which has nearly everything crammed in somewhere..

Cheers gents.

Why don't they put handles on the top of Di vessels, so you can lug them about? Sods.

I have a 25 ltr DI. Not light full of water. Always lifted it by the inlet/outlet. I know its going to snap, so in the van its gone. Much easier to fill tank. Just plug garden hose in. I leave outlet connected to tank at all times

I have a 25 ltr DI. Not light full of water. Always lifted it by the inlet/outlet. I know its going to snap, so in the van its gone. Much easier to fill tank. Just plug garden hose in. I leave outlet connected to tank at all times
Better to have DI vessels on the van, the slower the throughput flow, the better resin economy./emoticons/wink.png

In the last 2 weeks I've broken 2 of mine... I was going to post the link to the brass ones I've replaced them with (breakage shouldn't be an issue in future!/emoticons/biggrin.png) but the eBay seller has just jacked the price up from 99p each to £4.99 each! :eek:

Trouble with brass is that it then becomes the strongest component in the assembly i.e. if something whacks it, or it drops over the actual vessel head is going to break before the brass male fitting. I've also always found plastic to seal better than brass when it comes to Hozelock type fittings.

Trouble with brass is that it then becomes the strongest component in the assembly i.e. if something whacks it, or it drops over the actual vessel head is going to break before the brass male fitting. I've also always found plastic to seal better than brass when it comes to Hozelock type fittings.
That did cross my mind but as the vessels are kept under the stairs & I only take them as far as the patio I'm thinking there's less chance of that happening than if they were kept in the back of a van.

I'm hoping it just strengthens them being used as handles but only time will tell... fingers crossed I won't regret switching to brass!

As for the seal, a couple of winds of PTFE tape has done the trick.

Back