Snail Trails On Glass

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by Podrikk007, Jun 28, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Podrikk007

Podrikk007 Well-Known Member

Just done a house and there was a huge snail on the upstairs window. I nocked it off, but the downstairs windows were covered in trail marks. And they don't come off very well with wfp. Any ideas? Don't say trad. Haha.

Advertisement
  2. Masons

Masons Guru

If you brush them and brush them they will come off i experience no real difference between the two methods in removing the trails.

Just rub continuously quickly for 5seconds and then rinse and look.

3. rcproperty

rcproperty Hero

they are a pain in the back side for wfp, like masons said, extra scrub, and if they still dont move that well i have used a little ciff on my brush. if you use this make sure you rise well and get rid of the ciff off the window otherwise you will get a call back!!!!

4. chip

chip Guru

They don't usually bother me, sometimes come off a bit easier if you follow the path I find, only a bit tough if it's deep sills and round the edges, or upstairs, but fortunately you don't get too many upstairs as there's not usually anything there for them

5. Richard

Richard Forum Addict

Try changing your brush; use a (more) absorbent filament.

Snail’s trails on the glass can be removed instantly with one or two strokes, when you use the right brush

Richard

6. harunh

harunh Legend

i got to buy some cif :) lol or just nick some from my bathroom lol

7. Podrikk007

Podrikk007 Well-Known Member

Well I was using dual trim gardiners sill brush and I was scrubbing forever.

8. Richard

Richard Forum Addict

The differences between two brushes can be small, medium or big.
    There’s little point in changing the brush to clean snail trails with an identical brush filament, but with a different trim finish.

Using ciff or similar just to remove snail trails - which are very quick and easy to clean - from the glass is said in jest I hope, that’s the kind of thing you’ll expect the home-owner to do.

Richard

9. rcproperty

rcproperty Hero

no its not said in jest, its quicker to pick up a bottle of ciff than take pole back to van, undo brush head, put diffrent brush head on then walk back to the window and do it!

10. rcproperty

rcproperty Hero

or put it another way, go out and buy one of the tecbuk brushes that start from £44.95 up to £59.95 over the cost of other things that do it from 99p! im sorry i know what i would do!

Advertisement