Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Isopropyl Alcohol And Wfp

WCF

Help Support WCF:

O

OoO

Been using this for around a week.

It stopped the jets from freezing and the water on the glass.

Anyways I collected money last night and four customers noted how shiny the window are.

So today I used it again. Checked back and I have never ever seen a shine like this.

I have read up on it and it does make sense why it would leave a shine.

As anybody noticed this, any info on it.

I am keen to use this all the time tbh.

It's tiny amounts. Like maybe a cap full (coke bottle cap)

I have noticed it eats dirt. And I mean eats it.

20LITRE - 1 cap full.

Would be interested to know how you get on with it in warmer conditions as did wonder with it evaporating if it would aid with windows that stay wet longer probably a crazy idea in my head but makes me wonder could be barking up wrong tree but for a better shine its worth a go gave the c&bang a go the other night trad style on leaded got the grime and shine version was impressed with result but still not moving the stubborn marks at edges of lead and the not to be used on rubber warning puts me off lots of applications on a customers window me owns different always playing will prob give the alcohol a go

Well I use Isopropyl alcohol and water in a spray bottle for the odd windows I did like doors etc. as didnt want to leave water to freeze by doors.

Deffo something I am going to investigate.

Have used this stuff when i was in the forces, dunno about shining windows but it certainly aids a big bang, careful how you handle it lol

Oh and on leaded windows it looks like fair washing up liquid. The amount of bubbles is crazy!

Is it really that bad. I have read about explosions etc.

I don't think I would use it in the summer.

Can picture windows exploding lol

Well I use Isopropyl alcohol and water in a spray bottle for the odd windows I did like doors etc. as didnt want to leave water to freeze by doors. Deffo something I am going to investigate.
also have gathered spray bottles for the doors as some seals are pretty bad on doors and will leak and wet the inside carpets/floors with larger amounts of water have bought a selection of seals for upvc windows in prep of any complaints

Dont carry it around in your van unsecured, make sure it cant fly about, i aint putting on a public forum how too make it go bang , like most flamable liquids it needs an ignition or heat, i would happily mix it with water at home and use it thinned out though /emoticons/biggrin.png

Cool mate. I will limit what I carry and be more carful lol. It's in a bucket at the moment surrounds by rags. So can't move.

I gave up smoking about a year ago. Good job I did lol

hi demo when I first started using it 2 years ago I had a few customers say how better the frames look. I do sometimes use it sometimes if a cconservatory is really bad. Iv never had no problems with it

Jesus. Think I will knock this stuff on the head. Ain't work the risk /emoticons/unsure.png

Back