So am I out of order??

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by Greener, Jan 4, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Greener

Greener Well-Known Member

As per usual I (Me:))) text all my cleans scheduled for tomorrow and received this reply back from a customer who cancelled the last schedule clean 8weeks ago due to the fact it might rain during the week:cool:.

This customer is one of my very first customers and I offered what I now know (1yr later) was a low price for the clean due to the fact it was a group of 5 friends/family that I quoted on the same day, whom I now only clean 3 (including this one) of the five due to the fact the other two have now moved and have never got back in touch, one of whom I'd only cleaned once before they moved and the other I didn't even get to before moving! My question do you think that my response was unprofessional/out off order? I'm struggling to see it from the customers point of veiw to be honest.

This is the conversation so far:

Hi Me:),
    Due to the forecasted weather this week please can I leave it again this time until next time round? Thanks ####

Hi #### no problem, just to let you know I will remove you from my schedule please feel free to contact me when you believe it won't rain and I will do my best to fit you in. I will also need to review the price as the agreed price is for an 8 weekly clean. Regards Me:)

Hi Me:), I'm a bit taken back by the tone of your text! Regards ####

Hi #### I'm sorry if you have taken it that way though as you have cancelled the last couple of times and our agreement is for every 8 weeks I thought the Arrangement I have proposed (something I don't generally offer) would suit you better? If I were to carry out your clean next time it's due it would in fact be six months since your last clean, the reason for regular scheduled cleans is to keep the windows relatively clean so that I do not have to carry out what's referred to as a first clean every time as this would take longer, use more purified water and inevitably cost more money. Regards Me:)

• Like Like x 12
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
    Advertisement
  2. Bingo

Bingo Grand Master

Your response was a lot more professional than mine would've been >:).

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • List
  3. Markyboy 50

Sounds fair to me greener. Just make sure that if they do have the balls to contact u again, that u say you're to busy to clean them as u have replaced them with a reliable customer but thanks anyway!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  4. boarcity

boarcity Guest

best to totally ignore

5. Greener

Woke up to this this morning: I fully understand the concept of regular cleaning, I think you have missed the point somewhat. I was referring to the sarcastic nature of you saying to me about believing it was going to rain. I think that was totally uncalled for and I don't expect, as a customer, to be spoken to in that manner.

6. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

You're too polite
    My answer to their latest reply would contain 2 words..one of them being "off"

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  7. Luke Barnard

Luke Barnard Active Member

I think your customer may need reminding that she is speaking to the boss and owner of his own business, not some poor guy working for Tesco, etc who has to endure all manner of **** with an apology and a smile in order to keep his job.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  8. Simply Business

Simply Business Well-Known Member
    Supplier

Handled very well Greener imo!

I know a lot of the guys on here can get annoyed when customers do this (with reason!), but from a customer's point of view, they probably don't understand the reasoning behind regular cleans etc, so you've done well to politely explain it and it will be interesting to see what the resolution is!

9. Greener

Although this goes against my grain this is my last attempt at being civil, after all reputation is everything in this game. Isn't it????

:Hi ####, sorry but that was not my intention. Due to the fact you have cancelled the last two cleans due to the weather I was purely giving you the option to contact me once the weather improves and you require a clean. Me:)

10. TolishAPurd

Mate, you have been more than professional, whilst not taking any $hi)t, good on you. Now here's a tip that will help you sleep a lot better at night;

Forget about your reputation when it comes to bad customers. There are thousands of customers out there, and most people do not have that many friends (most of hers have let you down anyway lol)....and even if they do have lots of friends, whats the chance of them needing your services? and even if they do need your services, whats the chance that they are going too be cnuts like her? and if they are cnuts like her, what's the chance of them having many friends? :)

Due to all that^, I now favour boars method of just ignoring them. You end up a happier person, ad you don't waste time in stupid text/phone arguments when you could be with your family instead.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
Advertisement