So finally the cat's outta the bag!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by Green Pro Clean Ltd, Sep 3, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Green Pro Clean Ltd

It's been a tough one to keep the lid on this one so now the job has commenced it's nice to be able to share with you all a couple of pictures from Green Window Cleaners latest project, I will update this a few times a week with extra pictures as we get further into the job but for now here is a sneak peek into the New Street railway terminus and shopping mall in Birmingham, costing £750 million and currently one of the largest multi skills projects in the world.

And yes we are responsible for builders cleaning all the retail glazing as well as balustrades escalators, doors, etc. Going to be a busy couple of months. Hope you enjoy the pictures. :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

May not look like much glass but in all those dark recessed areas you will find hundreds of retail units and walls and walls of glass balustrades under all that plastic. Gonna need my sticky label scraper. :))

• Like Like x 7
    • Winner Winner x 5
    • List
    Advertisement
  2. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

Want any help lol
    Although you couldn't afford me:p

Nice one Darren

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. H2o

H2o Newcomer

Wow now that is some work involved in there, very good job getting that contract :thumbsup::thumbsup:

4. boarcity

boarcity Guest

well done Green!!

5. Green Pro Clean Ltd

I will say just the once and on a serious note that I do still have room for 1 window cleaner 2 - 3 days per week on this job for 5-6 weeks to cover regular crews days off.

Just PM me if interested.

6. Roy

Roy Active Member

Nice one Green.

Would love to know where you found the contract, and what was involved in getting the contract...

7. Green Pro Clean Ltd

Thanks you all very much.

Thanks Roy, a shed load of hard work a few sleepless nights and a lot of right place right time :)

8. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

Good on you Green :thumbsup:. How did you land that job?

9. Green Pro Clean Ltd

Thanks Tuffers, I walked in, asked for the site manager and asked if he wanted a quote for window cleaning! :p :))

Yes I am taking the pi$$ as a few of my tricks are secrets I will not divulge until I retire. Sorry.

I will however say that it never hurts to walk into the job you want to go for and ask if they need a window cleaner, 'sorry it's bob that deals with that' so OK go find Bob and ask, 'Sorry it area manager Dave that deals with that' Ok so get his details, email him, pester him, call him, 'Yes mate, we actually have 12 stores in your county, can you give me a quote for all of them?'

9 out of 10 times you will get the run around, this is cause the girl at the desk is asked day in day out, so she passes it up the line, most wannabees quit a hurdle number 1 but the seasoned area manager will give time of day to the man that has persisted and navigated his screening team to get to him.

Back in Jersey I got the contract for the largest brewery chain on the island by walking into the head office and asking 'When is a good time to for the MD to hear my proposal?'

The answer I got was 'He has a free slot Wednesday at 10'

I turned up, having visited all the pubs and hotels in the chain already, handed over a detailed fortnightly schedule for window cleaning along with an annual schedule for gutter maintenance for all 55 properties.

A week later I got a call, I had to adjust my price on one hotel, I had to lower it by £30! That was it, the deal was mine.

So never be afraid to simply walk in and ask.

Even if you get, 'thanks but we already have someone' still submit the proposal, cause you never know at what point they will have had enough of their current cleaners letting them down.

• Like Like x 7
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  10. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

I was always taught if you don't ask you don't get

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
Advertisement