so just how much does a £6.50 job go up?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by cheapncheerful, Apr 5, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. cheapncheerful

now okay....i accept that down south you probably don't get out of the car for £6.50 but up here in the north......

anyway a cleaner told me her windows had just gone up from £6.50....

okay you cant see the house but that doesnt really matter.....

how much?

Advertisement
  2. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

Give us a clue cnc :)

3. Shiny

Shiny Forum Addict

It all depends on how much you want to keep the £6.50 customers.
    When I first started I bought some work off another windy just to get me started , and not surprising I got the work he did't want ie the £6.50 jobs.
    Now as I ve gone on I concentrated on getting higher paid jobs so now I am in a position that I can get rid of the lower paid jobs, so I would either say to them that the price is going up £3 knowing that the majority wont pay it, no real loss to me now because I am covered with the upper priced jobs.
    Cant see the point of doing 15/16 jobs a day when you can earn the same money doing 9/10.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. cheapncheerful

i see your point, as stated when i used to sell part of my round off it was always the lower end! and yes as a starter round it has its uses...however your price guess is wrong but i do wonder if that is what happened.....or some windys ...like me ....just dont put up the prices for ages and suddenly realise they are as mr smurf says....busy fools....:)

5. cheapncheerful

no cheatin have a guess...its not the 50p i usually put them up by.....

6. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Any job has got to be worth a minimum of £10 which doesn't matter where you live surely?:rolleyes:

7. boarcity

boarcity Guest

better to be a busy fool than sitting at home on your butt lacking work. because by being out on the street you get seen ,and work breeds work

8. cheapncheerful

#8 cheapncheerful, Apr 5, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2014
    ohh sorry mr smurf what you say is probably true but the majority of my work is well below that.and i do keep regular checks on rounds on ebay so i do know they exist ...still i do plan to keep on smurfin the prices....:D you do sound like my dad by the way ...he was always good with his prices...paper millionaire now..but just has his pension to live on these days...as in...its in his house.....

true boarcity best to be out and about besides you can always drop it or treat it like i do and use it as a filler....or a rainy day....remember you cant buck the market...market forces control the price....

i am sorry to who ever put these windows up but i kinda got three jobs so far out of it and whilst i dont want to pinch other peoples work...someone will do it..:)

9. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Anyone can be a busy fool as cnc put it...

If you wanted a low paid job working your butt off for a pittance and having to work long hours you would be better off working for someone else surley?:rolleyes:

10. Smurf

Smurf Banned

And now for a vid to jog some thought on how you price jobs in future...

Advertisement