So much happens in a week!!

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by tootyclub, Jul 26, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. tootyclub

tootyclub Newcomer

#1 tootyclub, Jul 26, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2014
    I've flitted in and out of the forum this week reading up on stuff and generally trying to get my brain in gear for what's about to happen..

I've been rather a busy boy buying wfp things. I firstly bought a bargain job lot of gear for £100 which consisted of a collins ro 450 gpd , 11ltr di vessel filled, 30ft conservatory pole and brush and three 25ltr drums.. The ro system was still in the box brand fire new...
    I started to then wonder if i'd done the right thing as i'd never done wfp before..... I didn't have a trolley, backpack , diy trolley.... anything... So I bought the components for a diy trolley which i'd read about on here thanks to jimmyboots........I was then excited, but very apprehensive about the build so I just thought i'd browse around the classifieds and stumbled upon an 'extend2wash' trolley by john hewitt I think, which was going for £100.....

I almost had all the gear to start, including 3 full drums of pure water that the lad give me in the first deal.
    I've bought a few other bits like a tds meter, tap fittings etc....
    I had a go on my own house with the gear and I've got to say I was a little sceptical at first due to the water droplets left on the glass, but once evaporated they were gleaming...
    I've set my shed up as a water station to which i've ran and concealed 15mtrs of hosepipe inside 32 mm black plastic waste pipe, directly under the guttering.....Which blends in well and looks inconspicuous.....

One full day of converting the shed and I've now got 400 litres of pure water crammed in to an old redundant wheelie bin and a 230ltr water butt from wilkinsons....
    I cannot believe how smoothly it's gone, and when I got a tds reading from my house of 115, then 03 from the ro, then zero after it came through the di vessel, you can probably guess that I was ecstatic... I'm 100% trad, love it and feel i do a good all round job inc doors,frames etc, but this will hopefully make me some more money on other aspects of cleaning...

I've a gutters and fascia clean and also a conservatory roof to do and I'll be armed with my new 5ltr kingfisher pressure sprayer and 5ltr bottle of virosol.. Below are some of the items I bought. Thank you for reading my story and I'll hopefully post up some pics of my setup this week... Any advice and help will be greatly appreciated.. Goodnight all... Tootyclub

Attached Files:

Advertisement
  2. boarcity

boarcity Guest

good idea , concealing your pipework like that.

3. TolishAPurd

:thumbsup:Sounds like you're well on your way mate. GJ

4. abs

abs Guru

Them trolleys are really good a full charge on mine lasts all week :)

5. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Excellent result bud as you must have saved yourself a fortune with the bargain gear you picked up....nice one :thumbsup:

6. cheapncheerful

top post tooty...now off you go and make some dosh....and of course ..keep up the posts...:D

7. tootyclub

tootyclub Newcomer

Well disaster has struck!!! ...I linked up the wheelie bin to the water butt by drilling a hole in the top of the wheelie and then feeding a piece of plastic pipe from an old air pump I had in to the water buttlinking thread and then used what I had to seal round the pipe( roof and gutter sealent ) from the pound shop.. All seemed well till I had a little nosey in the shed to look at all the pipes, feel the plastic on the water butt, stroke the wood i'd used to build the frame...... you know, the things that don't need to be touched or looked at but because of my latest obsession I just feel I have to.... I fired up the torch and popped my head in the wheelie and noticed the water had a mad tinge in colour..... Tds meter at the ready.... 05....what...

Dipped the Tds in the water butt and...03.... holy sugar... so I looked at the link pipe i'd sealed in and the sealent was bleeding and also a teeny leak had sprung..... I'm puttng it down to contamination, yet I'm only a water novice ha ha..

All of this is purely down to my eagerness to get it up and running, which has been my problem in the past as I'm like a bull at a gate and sometimes cut corners...

Anyway I'm not going to cry over it and will tomorrow set about rectifying the problems... Here are my options below..

A....Should I treat myself to another water butt for 24 quid and get the proper link kit...

B...Should I buy a tap for the wheelie and try to install it ( which I should have tried before I filled with water) but instead settled on just syphoning as and when needed....

All in all though it's quite enjoyable doing this little project and I'm just hoping I can make a good go of my new venture.. Using the wheelie bin was a bit cheapskatish and to buy another isn't the end of the world.
    I would just like to say also that I think this forum is really entertaining and helpful..

Cheers, tootyclub

8. Smurf

Smurf Banned

We all have are little setback but I'm sure you will sort it out. :thumbsup:

9. cheapncheerful

great post tootyclub keep us informed....and sometimes things dont always go to plan but eventually we get there....i am lucky if anything goes wrong i have forgotten about it a few days later....i wont mention my extension roof which i put on and is leaking and dripping on the daughters bed....so i messed about....and its now dripping on her fish tank...ahh well...it will keep the tank topped up....

10. Smurf

Smurf Banned

How cool is that as your daughter now has a waterfall in her bedroom. Bless :rolleyes:

Advertisement