So today I've decided to go full WFP

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by C Rose Cleaning Services, Oct 13, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. C Rose Cleaning Services

Ive been using WFP since April and use a couple of backpacks to clean upstairs and trad down but for the last week I've done the full house (where possible) using just a pole. Although I'm now running out of pure water each day I've noticed an increase in earning speed and have decided to take the next step.

The ladder is coming off the roof of the van and I've ordered a 4.4m telescopic that will be folded up in the back to use only for roof access along with more barrels to carry more pure.

I'm in talks with WCW to possibly take on one of their 'turn key' packages to have a full mount or I'll just pay for an install in my current vehicle and move it when I pick up a new van next year instead.

Been a difficult year and moving forward I'm
    The busiest I've been in 10 years and earning more than I was when I employed people.

Exciting and safer times ahead.

Wish me luck!!

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
    Advertisement
  2. Cghwindowcleaning

Cghwindowcleaning Well-Known Member

Good luck in 6months time you will wonder why you didn't do it sooner.
    Shop around quite a few companies offer turnkey packages like grippa and ionics and it will cost you more than the d.i.y route but it will save you time.

3. C Rose Cleaning Services

Yeah cheers - tbh I've wanted to start slow because my customers of 12 years were skeptical as anything when I started using a pole upstairs, but they've had 6 months to find fault and they can't, so it's time to step up and move forward.

I've had a look at Grippa but they don't have any van+mount deals on at the minute. Have just come off the phone with WCW for a Facelift RO+DI 350 install and it's a brilliant deal. One good enough to ponder until the end of the week and decide if I want to commit.

4. The tattood one

The tattood one Active Member

Go for it...i did a change over 3 year ago...ladders wear ya knees out...apparantly lol....bout my own system n did a diy install off youtube....never look back

5. Marko067

Marko067 Well-Known Member

I did exactly the same as you Chris. I had no confidence in it at the start either only what I'd heard others say, so I did the same. Just tops. But as soon as my customers started to say how good they thought it was my confidence grew. Took me about eighteen months to make the change to doing everything wfp and now my hand tools seldom get used.

6. Jango

Jango Member

Chris & Marko
    When you did the change over from traditional to wfp, how did you do with your pricing, a lot of wfp chaps charge higher than traditional, due to the frames getting cleaned. Did it go ok with your customers? We currently use both like you two.

7. Carlwindy

Carlwindy Active Member

I do wfp and trad at the min but also thinking of making the change to full wfp

8. noddy

noddy Well-Known Member

were trading all tops and poling the bottoms as from Monday as its the way forward

9. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

I just started wfp'ing them
    Didn't say anything
    Clean windows are clean windows
    Anyone who asked i explained and that was that

10. Marko067

Marko067 Well-Known Member

I decided to wait and see how I got on. Didn't see any point expecting my customers to accept a completely new method of window cleaning and a price hike at the same time. As it turned out I didn't need to. Just carried on as usual with my pricing.

Advertisement