So what do you do with the jobs you just dont like....the pia jobs...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by cheapncheerful, Sep 12, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. cheapncheerful

actually this could be a warning for all you newbies that have been on here of late...

well you see....a lot of the jobs you will pick up....some other windy will have dropped....but why?

i dont canvas but when i started i did a leaflet drop with a local paper ...its hit and miss as i am sure some end up in the bin but its fast...

and you pick up odd jobs...some are great and you end up with an area...some of course are just odd jobs...

i am in the process of trying to get rid of them but...its awkward as they probably have my number etc....and i cant really say....your not really worth me cleaning as your just one house on a full estate who fell out with the local windy...

i say this as i had just a few that i thought as i have been so busy of late i could maybe just drop and hopefully they wouldnt call me back...

well one such pia job phoned my today and so even though i planned a nice skive as i was going to the opticians i decided to do it ...i had not gone two weeks before when he had phoned...and guess what his wife let slip...
    she said i was mad with my husband as he had lost your card.....oh i so nearly escaped...

just wondering how long before the other two...father and son....take to realise i havent been....:whistle:

well the sons is okay as he isnt often there but the dad who will pay....of course he always is...and he has a lovely dog and i just get stuck for ever....i suppose if i am in a cba mood maybe....but i will wait and see if they phone first..custys who would have em.....:D

Advertisement
  2. Smurf

Smurf Banned

At the end of the day it's all work but if you can afford to drop them then thats your call.

3. TolishAPurd

CnC, this is very very easy; "I'm afraid I'm going to have to put the price up as of next month as its just not financially viable- petrol, time etc."

If they accept it, you get what the jobs worth, or more.
    If they tell you to jog on, you've gotten rid as you wished.

If you don't turn up, then you may have to deal with them in a few months time, run the risk of getting a bad name, and lose money.

You've got nothing to lose by talking to them about it.

4. boarcity

boarcity Guest

i block the numbers on my phone of any customers that i dont want any more . if they do get in touch by other means i say i dont do your area anymore it was too much trouble

5. cheapncheerful

yeh but tolish....one £6 house on the full estate.....he stopped the last guy because he came to early...ooops....i havent actually canvassed the estate though...but i would have to up it a lot for the effort...i have been doing odd ones like this on days i canna be bothered and just write them of as keeping me ticking over but now i want some time off and a more decent round...
    lets see what happens monday....will i go or not....:rolleyes:

yeh boar ...blocking the numbers may be a good idea....i mean the people in question are really nice but.....is it worth the effort..on the other hand...we have had a dream run of nice dry weather...when the sh itty stuff comes back...and you dont know if it will rain from one minute to the next.....hmmmm maybe keep em for another winter...

i have turned down loads on the distance/ cost of petrol /not my area as even they realise travelling time has to be a factor...

6. boarcity

boarcity Guest

you are giving them the benefit of the doubt,i have learnt not to do that

i find it very satisfying to get rid ,the stroke of the pen decides their fate - this latterday Kommandant sits at his desk - never to see (or HEAR ) from them ever again

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  7. TolishAPurd

I'm sure you know what's best on this mate as you've been doing it a long time, but when I started one of my first ever jobs was one the other side of the city about 25mins drive for £8. I took it, as you do, but was intending to ditch. Not long after I got another job in the area, and another, and before I knew it I had a full days work all a stones throw from each other. Glad I kept that £8er. That said, I like this particular customer, whereas yours sounds a bit of a tool. You know what to do mate.

8. cheapncheerful

oh but ....i will miss our little chats about his dog.......and ....they are just the best xmas tippers....:D

9. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

I have the odd custy in each of the local villages just so I can be seen working there as there are big houses with money
    Seems to be paying off in the last few days..especially when one customer posted on facebook how impressed she was then told her neighbours

10. mrtaytay

mrtaytay Grand Master

I am in the same position cnc. I have at least 30 customers I need to drop so that I can start catching up a bit. Some of my monthly cleans are becoming two monthly so its time to act. I have identified an area where a lot of my custies are spread out that will be axed. Only sent a few texts out so far. I am being totally honest telling them that my main round, in another area, has become so big that I am not able to travel to their area anymore. I offer my apologies and say goodbye. Must admit, I dont like doing it. I feel guilty about it, but your round needs to be honed constantly with a view to having it so condensed that you hardly have to move the car every day. Every windy must get to this point.

Advertisement