Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Email marketing. Using those email address.

steele

I thought I'd share something I tried today. If you've ever heard of email marketing using email lists then you may have already thought of this, I've been thinking about it for a while but only had the chance and reason to try it today.

I get most of my work through my website and receive emails most days from customers for quotes, those email address's are saved on my websites server. I spent a couple of hours copying each email address into Mail Chimp. Whats Mail chimp? www.mailchimp.com is a free way to send mass emails to a list you created to pass on information, offers etc.

I recently changed my bank details, had to get that stupid business account at some point and I wanted to tell all my customers the new details so I actually get paid! So after spending ages manually copy and pasting 500+ email address's I sent them all an email with the new bank details.

My idea in the past was to create this list so every 6 months or so I can email them, and just remind them of other services such as conny roofs, gutters etc. and hopefully the one off customers will get in touch again.

Well it worked, within 10 mins i received 3 emails from previous one off customers who wanted another clean again. Now I've built up this list I just have to remember to keep it updated so I can send periodic emails regarding add on services etc.

I've checked the stats and so far 252 emails have been opened, so I may get more people writing back and 3 people have clicked links to the website which again may provide future business. A few people have unsubscribed from the list but that's expected.

Just an idea...

Last edited by a moderator:
Good effort @steele and if you've got a big list of prospects you may as well tap into them! Perhaps try segmenting it so that you can have different lists - current customers, previous customers and those who have only ever enquired etc. That way you can send more targeted and more specific offers etc /emoticons/smile.png

Keep us posted on how you get on!

Yeah great idea, emailing is the number one marketing tool for existing custys,

I've been thinking of doing the same sort of thing for 'offers' etc, but I still need to get all my customers email addresses!!!

Just a little update, i've had another 5 customers get back to me about work today and even some that I just forgot about. You know the ones that you get fed up of doing for what ever reason. But they are the perfect ones to sub out!

Back